We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Krakoukask
Active
Active

Review Request: Blues Rock Listing

Post by Krakoukask » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:46 pm

Hey guys,

I have been collaborating with a friend on that Blues Rock listing and would love to get some feedback on it:

Here's the soundlcloud link:
https://soundcloud.com/karimabisaleh/lo ... aWVlfrGIDS

Here's how Taxi described this listing:
A Bunch of BLUES ROCK INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a British Music Licensing Company that needs more great tracks to meet demand in this genre!
They’re on the hunt for Mid-To-Up-Tempo Instrumentals in the general stylistic ballpark of these references:

"You Give Me Something" by Hamish Anderson

“Your Kind Of Love” by Gary Hoey

"Nobody But You" by Black Keys

Although the references have vocals, this request is for Instrumentals only.
Please submit well-produced Instrumentals that lean more towards the Blues-y side of Rock, and would sound at home on a playlist with the references above. Your Instrumentals should be melodically and rhythmically compelling, and should utilize standard Rock band instrumentation. If you're planning on using Virtual Instruments or samples, we’d suggest adding some real, organic instruments (drums, guitars, etc.) to add a human touch.
TAXI Tip: This request isn't about showing off your soloing chops. Instrumentals that have too much soloing are often harder for Music Supervisors and Editors to use. Instead, aim for genre-driven authenticity, vibe, and style.
Submissions should be about 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or Songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Genre-appropriate Broadcast Quality is needed.
This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Instrumentals you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by a TAXI Screener. All Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Friday, July 31st, 2020. TAXI # S200731BR

jefflaplante
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Review Request: Blues Rock Listing

Post by jefflaplante » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:04 pm

Excellent job! In my opinion, this will definitely be a forward. Great composing, performance, and production!

Jeff

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:59 pm

Sounds like you nailed it to me, nice job

lesmac
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by lesmac » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:11 pm

Nice track, cool live vibe.

At 1:16 I jumped a little when the guitar came in. I'm not sure if it was just the guitar and/or the mix getting a little louder too. I'd tame the initial guitar notes a little. You could raise the overall level slightly before it to help ease into the later section or drop the later section half a dB.

Krakoukask
Active
Active

Post by Krakoukask » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:27 am

Thanks for the positive vibes everyone! :)

@lesmac indeed I did notice this jump when listening on a different set of speakers. On headphones it's almost unnoticeable. Thanks for pointing that out.

lonster1monster

Post by lonster1monster » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:15 pm

some powerful stuff. it's got the grit....solid chops...nice Bass licks..

Krakoukask
Active
Active

Post by Krakoukask » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:11 am

Thanks for the thumbs up Lonester, i appreciate it!