Review 'We Know'

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

shief

Review 'We Know'

Post by shief » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:15 am

'We Know' is the first single from my up & coming album, 'Artist is born, not paid'. It can currently be found on my myspace page but it will eventually be on my official website.www.shief.co.ukwww.myspace.com/therealshief

shief

Re: Review 'We Know'

Post by shief » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:48 am

Come on y'all

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:22 am

Quote:Come on y'allHopefully without sounding too harsh, you've made three posts... one promotional post (perfectly fine), a second post telling us to review "You Know" and the third post with nothing but an impatient "Come on y'all" as if we're paid to review your song and falling short on our jobs. Almost all people receiving input on their tracks have first, taken a little time to help others with either song reviews or general advice. It doesn't mean you have to make 10,000 posts but a little reciprocal posting from you to help others will go a long way.

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:18 pm

Well, okay......here goes............The rhymes are good. Props. We've heard some of these themes before in rap so they might tell you to make your politics more original. I don't know if the A&R guys will get afta you about it tho so it's worth a shot.I would tell you to bring in another singer though......maybe female, maybe not. You choose. You got a nice breathy tone but you pitchin' flat and while they like that roots thing, they won't if it ain't in key. Jes my thing.

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:53 am

Hey Dread, Geo in the Hooouse!!!! OK, that's the extent of my "hip hop-ness" (whitest black man in the world, right here). Like the beats though and if I may offer a suggestion. Have you considered instrumental submissions (chill, not a critque of your rap) there are tonnes of instrumental listings you could be targeting and who knows, what if that pays some bills while you move forward with your art. I would do two versions of each of your tunes, give yourself twice the chance to get heard, see it? Peace out.. Geo