Reviewer sent feedback for a different listing

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

iplaydatmusic

Reviewer sent feedback for a different listing

Post by iplaydatmusic » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:53 pm

OK, I don't want to complain, but I got a return on a song that was for an 80's listing with Male vocals, and it was returned because it didn't have a 50's feel and didn't have a female vocal. Seems like something got mixed up!

The listing number on the return form is correct, but I figure the feedback has got to be for someone else/a different listing. Can we find out what happened? Listing # S200312SR below:

1980s-Style ROCK BALLADS with Male Vocals are needed for a (up to) $500, NON-Exclusive, Direct-to-Producer placement in an Independent Feature Film. Lyric themes about longing for or missing someone will work best for this scene; however, love-based lyrics of all kinds could potentially work, as long as they're in a Song that sounds like a 1980s Rock Ballad.

This film's Producer is currently looking for a Song that would work well as a replacement for “The Search Is Over,” which is currently temped in:

“The Search Is Over” by Survivor

NOTE: The Producer is NOT looking for clones or soundalikes! Similar tempo, style, and overall vibe? Yes. Clones? No!

Please submit original Rock Ballads that have a clear 1980s sound, style, and approach. And don't forget, he needs lyrics about longing for somebody, being in love with somebody who's far away, missing somebody, etc.

'80s Rock Ballads with emotional lyrics about missing somebody... How hard can that be to find? Not that hard!

TAXI Tip: You can submit recently recorded material that sounds retro or authentic vintage masters recorded in the 1980s.

Lyrics that avoid references to specific names, dates, times, brands, and places could make your Songs easier to place. Please do NOT copy the referenced artist or Song in any way, shape, or form. Use them as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Era-appropriate Broadcast Quality is needed.

The license fee for this placement is (up to) $500, depending on the ultimate use. This is a Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Producer placement, so you’ll keep 100% ownership of your Copyright and Master Recording, plus you’ll also get 100% of the License Fee and any applicable performance royalties. You must own or control your Copyright and Master Recording to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by a TAXI A&R Screener who works directly with the Music Supervisor! Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Thursday, March 12th, 2020. TAXI # S200312SR
Songwriter, Producer, Engineer, Studio Owner
Master Certificate from Berklee College of Music Online - Producing Music with Pro Tools

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Reviewer sent feedback for a different listing

Post by ResonantTone » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:35 am

I’m sure it was just a mix up of some sort. Probably due to all the craziness goin on... just a guess. I’d just email them and explain what happened.

Andrew