Rocktronica forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

stick
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Rocktronica forward

Post by stick » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:32 pm

I bought my cheapy, beat up Yamaha Pacifica on ebay for $75. Slapped on some new strings and then... RAWK. I did wedge some washers behind the spring loaded whammy bar bridge to make keeping it tuned and tuning to lower keys a lot easier and faster. BTW, it's a known fact that all keyboard players want to be guitar players and all guitar players want to be lead singers.Raags: Yes. The new Logic is pretty nice. And the guitar amp simulater isn't half bad there either... in fact, I think I used it exclusively on the "good" track.

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:32 am

Quote: BTW, it's a known fact that all keyboard players want to be guitar players and all guitar players want to be lead singers.LOL! I'm 2/3 there then, as I already do lead singing and play keyboard, but the guitar thing is missing. Say, didn't Prince learn all his instruments for his tracks too? I'm on it. I'm going to dream myself up some guitar hacking here... Yeah, I see you can get some used Yamaha Pacifica on ebay for around $50 now-- I did go check. My guitar and bass players will laugh their a** off when they see me with one of those! It's on my list to get now... So when I get the new Logic (I'm hoping it will run on my Apple G4 tower computer where I have ProTools?), I'm assuming I'll need the Logic software program and some hardware too? Once I'm through this office move here, I'm going to take a serious look at how to get Logic running in my studio. I think it will help move my production level up a notch. Thanks, Stick! Raags
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani

stick
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by stick » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:50 am

What ProTools hardware are you using? As far as I know, you can use just about any PT hardware as your ins/outs to and from Logic. I use PT HD, and have a 96 i/o that works just swell.

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:21 pm

I'm using PT LE 6.4 with the Digi 001 hardware. This is starting to sound really interesting! I can't wait to get into the local studio here (I think they use Logic too, though not for sure) and see how they work. I'm no software whiz, but I did learn ProTools on my own to do our albums, and I've had to learn a few other new software programs too. So I know I can do it. It's just getting over that initial curve of resistance. Raags
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe

stick
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by stick » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:24 pm

Yeah, Logic has gotten WAY easier... if you can run GarageBand, you can handle Logic. I'm not sure how it works for LE, but you may need to upgrade to PT 7 (it's 7.4 currently) for that Logic compatiblity.

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:02 pm

Okay, I'll check into that. I'm not familiar with how GarageBand runs, but the studio I use for my final mixes told me about checking that one out too. Upgrades are pretty easy. New programs are a little more frightening! I've got a little homework here to do (Logic and now guitar ). Few new toys on "the list". Thank you! Raags

tinozigzag
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tinozigzag » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:08 am

Hi Stik,Congrats for the forwards.I had a lissen to your track and I found it very good.

twilsbach
Impressive
Impressive

Post by twilsbach » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:38 am

Nice Stick. I actually like the second one better. The Wurly is f'ing cool at the end there. Very tasty.

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by vicky » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:45 am

Hi...this is my first posting...your non guitar player approach interested me...i take off the top and bottom strings when I record guitar (4 string)...who needs them....then if a need a higher melody I record on another track....plus steer clear of the power chord tuning....good luck with the forwards.....I was just contacted from a forward Oct 06keep on rockin'Vicky

stick
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by stick » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:49 am

Hey Vicky, welcome to the board. Yeah, that's not a bad idea... 4 strings... maybe if I had two guitars to play with, I'd do one with 4 strings, but the 4 low ones for power chords... and leave the other one tuned normally. Congrats on the contact! That's a LONG turnaround!