Royalty Check

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Royalty Check

Post by davewalton » Sun May 21, 2006 6:20 am

Quote:OK, any suggestions on a good bottle of wine for $7.40 ?? Hey! Congrats Casey, and let me be the first to say... Take the $7.40 and reinvest in more CD's and postage for more submissions (because you submit a lot outside of Taxi if I remember correctly). There's always a party-pooper lurking somewhere. PS - You could always take a couple of us out to lunch at McD's using the dollar menu.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun May 21, 2006 8:53 am

Quote:PS - You could always take a couple of us out to lunch at McD's using the dollar menu. Hmmmm.... 7 cheeseburgers x .99 = $6.93 ... + 6% tax = $7.35 ...(PA is 6% tax)... We just make it with a nickel change... Just BYOB.... Casey

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Sun May 21, 2006 9:24 am

What? No fries?
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun May 21, 2006 9:25 am

Quote:What? No fries?BYOF

johnodd

Post by johnodd » Sun May 28, 2006 12:52 pm

Congrats! I Just got my International check from ASCAP a couple of weeks ago for a whopping $2.98, Bands Reunited from 2 years ago. My first ever check was for $731, what happend?

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Mon May 29, 2006 2:41 am

It's a form of inflation. $731 back then is worth $7,310 now, but they aren't gonna give you that much, so they all go out to a fancy dinner on you, and there is $2.98 left. Simple music biz economics.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon May 29, 2006 2:59 am

Quote: Congrats! I Just got my International check from ASCAP a couple of weeks ago for a whopping $2.98, Bands Reunited from 2 years ago. My first ever check was for $731, what happened?Administrative fees... LOL From what I can tell it takes a long time for these things to get through the process. My recent check was for airplay in the first half of 2005.We could add your $2.98 to my $7.40 and get an even better bottle of wine...Congrats! Any check is better than none... Casey

johnodd

Post by johnodd » Tue May 30, 2006 5:17 pm

I heard that placements in the UK are the best to get money wise, anyone care to comment on that? I've never had any UK placements so i am clu clu clueless

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Wed May 31, 2006 5:10 am

Quote: I heard that placements in the UK are the best to get money wise, anyone care to comment on that?I've never had any UK placements so i am clu clu cluelessDefine "placements"...are you talking about tv...film...cuts on records...radio airplay?E.g. for TV nothing beats US broadcast network television due to the huge number of affiliates. On the other hand just about any place else beats the US for movie performance royalties, since you get nothing for US theatrical performances...matto

roughly
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by roughly » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:34 am

Congrats Casey on that check! They only go up from here right? You know, I saw a jug of wine at Jewel the other day for only $7! I'm sure it's great stuff and you really get your money's worth Have fun with it!