Ryan Tedder's Class

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

kregdurant
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Ryan Tedder's Class

Post by kregdurant » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:48 am

So i wanted to just tell ya'll about this. I took his class on studio.com in its first month launch in 2021(back when it was still monthly.com) and it was FANTASTIC. I'm gonna post the youtube link for it here, but i just noticed they switched from $279 for the class to a $12/month subscription model so go go go go! He has multiple grammys, they have live classes with feedback from peers and its SO good! When I took it, Ryan gave feedback on some of ours, but i'm not sure if he does that anymore.

Its definitely great for those wanting to update their writing style, or break into different genres, or even just learn a different writing approach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M67FJOBCRE

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Ryan Tedder's Class

Post by Casey H » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:03 pm

kregdurant wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:48 am
So i wanted to just tell ya'll about this. I took his class on studio.com in its first month launch in 2021(back when it was still monthly.com) and it was FANTASTIC. I'm gonna post the youtube link for it here, but i just noticed they switched from $279 for the class to a $12/month subscription model so go go go go! He has multiple grammys, they have live classes with feedback from peers and its SO good! When I took it, Ryan gave feedback on some of ours, but i'm not sure if he does that anymore.

Its definitely great for those wanting to update their writing style, or break into different genres, or even just learn a different writing approach.

I took the class and it was very good. There used to be a discount if someone who took it before referred you. Not sure how that works with the new subscription model.

It's important to know beforehand that his class is VERY DAW intensive, writing the song at the DAW. If you are more a pen, paper and guitar or piano songwriter, it might not be as good for you unless you are going to change your approach. Also, it's VERY focused on pop hit type songwriting. Which is fine but again, if your style is very different than that, it may not work as well for you.

I believe there is a money back guarantee up through the first few lessons, so if that's still true, worth giving it a shot.

:D Casey

kregdurant
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by kregdurant » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:18 pm

Casey H wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:03 pm
kregdurant wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:48 am

I took the class and it was very good. There used to be a discount if someone who took it before referred you. Not sure how that works with the new subscription model.

It's important to know beforehand that his class is VERY DAW intensive, writing the song at the DAW. If you are more a pen, paper and guitar or piano songwriter, it might not be as good for you unless you are going to change your approach. Also, it's VERY focused on pop hit type songwriting. Which is fine but again, if your style is very different than that, it may not work as well for you.

I believe there is a money back guarantee up through the first few lessons, so if that's still true, worth giving it a shot.

DEFINITELY DAW intensive as Casey said! But if you don't know how to use a DAW yet as well its a good way to get in to it (I say that but I'm a professional audio engineer with a bachelors of Science in audio engineering.... so i'm probably out of touch on that lol)

Have you taken any of the other classes on there yet? Now that it's a subscription model i'll probably do quite a few of them lol. Louis Bell's looks really interesting.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:20 pm

I haven't taken other courses on there. I took one off Songtown which was good but pricey. Right now, I'm all "coursed out".

One of the hardest things is to totally change your mindset and approach to writing songs and I admit that's difficult for me. I've picked up some tips and tricks which are helpful but changing lifelong habits can be a struggle. Collaboration helps me a lot. For example, I can write lyrics that are good for a contemporary pop song but still don't have a flair for the music side of that and/or production. So I team up with others who bring those skills to the table.

Best,