S220511NJ - Sad piano and string instrumental cues

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Pvgeldrop

S220511NJ - Sad piano and string instrumental cues

Post by Pvgeldrop » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:42 am

Hello all,

Decided to try my hand at a listing (it has been a long time), and this one seems doable for me. However, I noticed that the listing does not mention a specific duration. In normal circumstances, I'd expect a cue to be 01:30-02:00, generally with a A-B-A'-ish structure. Just wondering if that's just my interpretation? It would be a shame if duration (or lack thereof) would be the reason for a return, after all. :-)

Thanks in advance, listing's below.

-----------------------------------------

Several SAD PIANO & STRINGS INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a Music Licensing Company with a large list of placements in Films, TV Commercials, and A-List TV Shows.

NOTE: This Company has signed lots of TAXI members over many years and nailed down lots of placements for them!

This Company is looking for quite a few Instrumental Cues that could be found on a playlist with the following references:

"Soluble Leaf" by Jordi Forniés

"Compassione" by Peter Cavallo

"Into the Abyss" by Jackson Mullane

Please submit well-composed Instrumental Cues that could tug at listeners' heartstrings and feature Piano and Strings as their only instrumentation. Your submissions should have melancholy melodies, top-notch musicianship, solid arrangements, and an overall sad vibe and feel. Craft your Cues around a singular motif, and create a sense of forward momentum and dynamics by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. Your production should be polished, and if you are planning to use any virtual piano or string instruments, they need to be very realistic and high-quality, as anything that sounds synthetic, low quality, or obviously MIDI-driven will not work for this request.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split all upfront sync fees 50/50. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with other Libraries or Catalogs. Please send as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. All Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Wednesday, May 11th, 2022. TAXI # S220511NJ

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: S220511NJ - Sad piano and string instrumental cues

Post by Casey H » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:27 pm

Just an opinion. You *could* contact Taxi and ask for more info.

In the absence of other info, I'd assume a 2 minute minimum and A-A-A with continuous layering of instruments and build. Start with a motif and keep building on and around it. From the listing:
Craft your Cues around a singular motif, and create a sense of forward momentum and dynamics by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress.
Good luck!
:D Casey

Pvgeldrop

Post by Pvgeldrop » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:21 am

I contacted Taxi, and got the following reply:

'The time you're assuming is correct, all cues please keep at 2:00!'

So, that's clear!

follytree

Post by follytree » Tue May 10, 2022 10:28 am

Thanks so much for inquiring about this and sharing what you discovered!

I had the same question.

Happy composing :)