S221112ET Modern relaxing meditation tracks

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DavidBeardmoreMusic

S221112ET Modern relaxing meditation tracks

Post by DavidBeardmoreMusic » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:53 pm

New brief S221112ET appeared today looking for music for relaxing meditation tracks. However, the brief says: “Only artists/writers affiliated with ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, SACEM, IMRO, APRA AMCOS, SOCAN, including all Scandinavian and Latin American PROs, are eligible to submit their music for this opportunity.”
I'm based in the UK and registered with PRS For Music but on my PRS work registration there is the option to nominate one of the 3 main US PRO's to collect on my behalf. I've always selected BMI.
Does this mean I can submit tracks to this listing? Is there a reason for specifically not listing the UK PRO (PRS)?

Thanks, David

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: S221112ET Modern relaxing meditation tracks

Post by Casey H » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:00 pm

Unfortunately if you are not with one of the PROs mentioned, you cannot submit for this listing. Some types of outlets for music are restricted by the PROs in various countries. It virtually never applies to typical music library deals for Film/TV use. But it gets more complicated when things like (for example) in-store airplay and other less typical usages are involved as sometimes the type of licensing is not allowed by that PRO. You could contact Taxi for an explanation (which may or may not be what I suspect it is) but it won't change the answer.

Sorry
:D Casey

DavidBeardmoreMusic

Re: S221112ET Modern relaxing meditation tracks

Post by DavidBeardmoreMusic » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:45 am

thanks very much Casey. I'm fairly new to the licensing game so wasn't aware of these details! At least I know not to waste time on that particular listing...!
Many thanks!
David