S221228ER ORCHESTRAL TRAILER-Style INSTRUMENTALS

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

superblonde
Impressive
Impressive

S221228ER ORCHESTRAL TRAILER-Style INSTRUMENTALS

Post by superblonde » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:35 am

Surprised to hear non-Orchestral instruments/samples in several of the forwards for this listing which is stated to be Orchestral, specifically big risers and drops and fx (hyper-expressive reverbs). ... "Nothing obviously MIDI-driven will work" ... Usually it seems the listing would state "HYBRID-ORCHESTRAL" to allow these elements.

Please be sure the productions and any virtual Orchestral instruments you use are high-quality and state-of-the-art, nothing stiff or obviously MIDI-driven will work.
. . . www.superblonde.org "All Kale Seitan! ♭II ‼" -Moshpit Chant of the Vegan Metalhead

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: S221228ER ORCHESTRAL TRAILER-Style INSTRUMENTALS

Post by Paulie » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:51 pm

I've noticed some similar things. There was an emotional piano listing a month or so ago where it specifically stated that no other instruments were to be included, I believe they actually used all caps when stating PIANO ONLY. Then I visited the forwards blog and saw that several tracks were forwarded that had strings in them, while my track was rejected because the screener felt it was too quantized (it was not quantized at all). Some of these failures of screeners to pay attention to listing detail are truly frustrating, when members are repeatedly scolded for not reading the listing properly. It has happened more than once. #frustrated
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:12 pm

It says Trailer Style ...risers , drops etc are pretty much a staple of that genre.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:08 pm

Caveat: Not at all my genre. But the listing doesn't say not to use any virtual instruments, just that they have to be state of the art, etc. So I'm not sure why it's surprising to hear VIs in the forwards. Now if the quality if the VIs you hear in the forwards isn't up to the bar, that would be a concern. I don't know enough about this area to listen and comment. I'm just responding to the post. :D
superblonde wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:35 am
Surprised to hear non-Orchestral instruments/samples in several of the forwards for this listing which is stated to be Orchestral, specifically big risers and drops and fx (hyper-expressive reverbs). ... "Nothing obviously MIDI-driven will work" ... Usually it seems the listing would state "HYBRID-ORCHESTRAL" to allow these elements.

Please be sure the productions and any virtual Orchestral instruments you use are high-quality and state-of-the-art, nothing stiff or obviously MIDI-driven will work.
The Listing (I needed to look that up as reference)
ORCHESTRAL TRAILER-Style INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a High-End International Music Library that's constantly landing tons of huge placements on Hit TV shows, Movie Trailers, and Films!

IMPORTANT NOTE: This Company is BRAND NEW to requesting music from TAXI, so chances are you don’t have any material in their catalog yet! This is an awesome opportunity to create a new outlet for your music and begin a new relationship with this Top-Tier company!

This Library is on the lookout for Instrumentals in the general wheelhouse of the following examples:

Pinocchio Trailer | Disney+

Mr. Malcolm's List Trailer

Avatar: The Way of Water Trailer

Although one of the references has some vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this request.

Please submit well-composed Trailer-style Instrumentals with excellent Orchestral instrumentation that could take listeners on a journey. Mood-wise, your submissions can range – from uplifting to epic to whimsical to anticipatory to just about anywhere in between! Sticking with one mood per piece is recommended to help maintain cohesion. Inviting motifs, top-notch arrangements, and three "acts" that build throughout to a climactic finale are also needed for this request. Please be sure the productions and any virtual Orchestral instruments you use are high-quality and state-of-the-art, nothing stiff or obviously MIDI-driven will work.

TAXI Tip: Don't be afraid to layer up your instrumentations to create a big, blockbuster sound – the bigger, the better for these types of Instrumentals!

All submissions should be 2 minutes to 3:30 minutes in length, give or take, and have non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings. Do NOT copy the referenced artist or pieces in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so the material you submit for this request CANNOT be signed with other publishers or catalogs. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Wednesday, December 28th, 2022. TAXI # S221228ER