S240218BP Cyberpunk

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

S240218BP Cyberpunk

Post by AlanHall » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:35 am

I'm really losing focus on what I should be doing with this genre. Care to give a listen, and comment. Thanks!

Brass Knuckle Sandwich

Here's the listing:
A Bunch of CYBERPUNK INSTRUMENTALS are needed by an awesome U.K.-based Music Library that's distributed all over the world.
TAXI Tip: Want to be a standout with little competition in a particular genre in this company's catalog? Here's your chance! Less competition in that genre = More possible placements!
They’re looking for Instrumentals in the general stylistic wheelhouse of these examples:
"The Cyberpunk Ghostrunner" by Yuri Petrovski
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrUksM_SWN4
"The Matrix" by Head Splitter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOIRuIZ4lT8
"Legendary" by Smash Stereo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-LiWZBDdho
IMPORTANT NOTE: This company is only interested in signing material from composers who have worked for music libraries and licensing companies in the past and understand how standard deals work. If you don't have that experience and you don't know the drill on typical deals, then they politely ask that you don't submit to this request.
Please submit Cyberpunk Instrumentals bursting with raw energy and plenty of electronic grit! Your submissions should have energized, danceable rhythms, and dynamic arrangements that build as they progress. Cyberpunk instrumentation (think distorted synths, pulsing synth bass, hard hitting drums, etc.) in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the references should work best.
All submissions should be about 2 to 4 minutes long for Instrumentals and roughly 90 seconds to 2 minutes for Cues, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best for this request. Do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.
This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Instrumentals you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with other Companies or Catalogs. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumentals and/or Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Sunday, February 18th, 2024. TAXI # S240218BP

themarkalanproject
Active
Active

Re: S240218BP Cyberpunk

Post by themarkalanproject » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:11 pm

Your's sounds more on point to what they want. I think I brought too many instruments into mine and you do the pulsing bass synths perfectly. Not going to lie, makes me want to change mine altogether. Check mine out here. Good job. I think you are in the right direction.

https://www.taxi.com/members/Er9Iix4ATp ... -onslaught
- the mark alan project

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:50 am

I like the variety that you have in "Cybernetic Onslaught", there's enough in the first minute to construct a full-scale instrumental. I have to agree with you that you may have "brought too many instruments" into the track, though. On point for inventiveness, and maybe sufficient ideas for several cues? Great music!

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:50 am

I've uploaded some tweaks to Brass Knuckle Sandwich, ear candy and other edits. New mix. I'd love to get some comments before I upload the latest and submit for this listing TONIGHT.

Please. Bash away! ;)

Alan

themarkalanproject
Active
Active

Post by themarkalanproject » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:29 am

Hi Alan ,

I don’t know why I didn’t get notified of this response. My email notifications are set to and I had logged into check. Annoying. I made two cuts for Cybernetic Onslaught submissions. One with lower BPM. Fingers crossed. Anyways I like what you did here to your song. My only suggestions would be at 30-31 secs that bass low end synth I’d bring that up and maybe loop it once more before everything comes back in. Then perhaps maybe a drum change slightly later. Double time it. Overall very cool piece. I like the frantic feel to it. Could see it being used in sci-fi scene where they no longer can trust anybody or someone double crossed someone.
- the mark alan project

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:41 pm

Good luck on your submissions, Mark!

I was starting to get a little shell-shocked by the end of the production process; so much more I could do with the right amount of time. I like the imagery you've provided here. Something I don't instinctively put into my workflow, but know I should.
themarkalanproject wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:29 am
I like the frantic feel to it. Could see it being used in sci-fi scene where they no longer can trust anybody or someone double crossed someone.

themarkalanproject
Active
Active

Post by themarkalanproject » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:54 pm

I’m the polarizing opposite and don’t know when to friggin’ stop.Need to remind myself sometimes less is definitely better. lol I’m also very new to this and mixing overall. I started mixing in mono first this past week and got familiarized with some 3rd party plugins and I feel the production is lot better overall.
- the mark alan project

deluxesound

Post by deluxesound » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:47 am

Hi, really appreciate your posts and enjoyed hearing your submissions and different approaches, sounds. I submitted to the listing as well and got kicked back. One reason was melody was too repetitive so its very cool to hear others instrumental pitches for this listing. Think first time I've been able to hear other TAXI writers submission to a listing I also was pursuing and hear your ideas and how you interpreted the references as well. The other reason submission was returned was sounds were bit dated especially around drums so hearing the sounds you guys utilized definitely helpful and cool. Here was my submission.

https://www.taxi.com/members/BI_k1PecQT ... k-commando
Eric H
Tiki Reef Music

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:32 pm

I enjoyed all 3 of them, and now?? I actually know what "Cyberpunk" is!!! Thanks guys!!
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:37 pm

deluxesound wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:47 am
Hi, really appreciate your posts and enjoyed hearing your submissions and different approaches, sounds. I submitted to the listing as well and got kicked back. One reason was melody was too repetitive so its very cool to hear others instrumental pitches for this listing. Think first time I've been able to hear other TAXI writers submission to a listing I also was pursuing and hear your ideas and how you interpreted the references as well. The other reason submission was returned was sounds were bit dated especially around drums so hearing the sounds you guys utilized definitely helpful and cool. Here was my submission.

https://www.taxi.com/members/BI_k1PecQT ... k-commando
Hey Eric,
Great to hear your tune, I like it very much! I also find it helpful to hear other folks' music when trying to triangulate the target of a brief, so thanks for sharing. Very cool.

edit: ...and the forwards blog will post in the next few days so we can hear what passed the bar. An excellent lesson, every time ;)