Sad Piano and Strings

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

karafinman
Impressive
Impressive

Sad Piano and Strings

Post by karafinman » Sun May 08, 2022 7:49 am

Does this work or is it close? Thank you!

https://soundcloud.com/user-913241419/d ... al_sharing

Several SAD PIANO & STRINGS INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a Music Licensing Company with a large list of placements in Films, TV Commercials, and A-List TV Shows.

NOTE: This Company has signed lots of TAXI members over many years and nailed down lots of placements for them!

This Company is looking for quite a few Instrumental Cues that could be found on a playlist with the following references:

"Soluble Leaf" by Jordi Forniés

"Compassione" by Peter Cavallo

"Into the Abyss" by Jackson Mullane

Please submit well-composed Instrumental Cues that could tug at listeners' heartstrings and feature Piano and Strings as their only instrumentation. Your submissions should have melancholy melodies, top-notch musicianship, solid arrangements, and an overall sad vibe and feel. Craft your Cues around a singular motif, and create a sense of forward momentum and dynamics by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. Your production should be polished, and if you are planning to use any virtual piano or string instruments, they need to be very realistic and high-quality, as anything that sounds synthetic, low quality, or obviously MIDI-driven will not work for this request.

OBlyde
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Sad Piano and Strings

Post by OBlyde » Sun May 08, 2022 8:16 am

Beautiful!!!!!!

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Sun May 08, 2022 9:58 am

I agree, it is indeed beautiful. For me, the piano sounds really nice and does the job perfectly. However, have a suspicion that you'll get knocked back on the strings because they sound like a string patch on a keyboard, or are rather static and unrealistic. I would suggest trying to get a more authentic sound, perhaps with a cello and viola (for example) dancing around each other in harmony, with expression and emotion that complement the piano. I hope you can find a way to do something like that, perhaps using the articulation within virtual instruments if you can't record real players, because the piece is worth it. Good luck for a forward.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

karafinman
Impressive
Impressive

Post by karafinman » Mon May 09, 2022 12:22 pm

Check. Thank you both.

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Paulie » Wed May 11, 2022 7:07 am

Telefunkin wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 9:58 am
However, have a suspicion that you'll get knocked back on the strings because they sound like a string patch on a keyboard, or are rather static and unrealistic.
I absolutely agree with this. Simply gorgeous piano music, but the strings kill it for me. There are no dynamics... all of the strings are the same dynamic, no variation, no swells or decrescendos. Add some volume automation to make the strings sound like they are bowing and moving with the melody and you've got a forward here. It really depends on how many submissions they get and what the quality of them is. String libraries have gotten incredibly good, and this is a popular genre.
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic