Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Save Us All (Dark, Orch Hybrid Trailer Instrumental

Post by johndalenow » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:29 am

All comments are welcomed. Best!

https://soundcloud.com/john-dale-music/ ... al_sharing

DARK, EPIC, ACTION ORCHESTRAL or ORCHESTRAL HYBRID TRAILER-Style INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a very busy Music Library with a great track record of placements in Films and TV shows!

This Library is searching for impactful Instrumentals that could fit on a playlist with the following examples:

Section 8 Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1idsDn7_bA

His Dark Materials Season 2 Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CdQm6gLHUM

"Temporal" by Tybercore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRztJwKfzFk

Black Adam Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkomfZHG5q4

Although one of the references has some vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this request.

Please send them well-composed Action Orchestral Trailer-style Instrumentals with an overall bombastic, dark, and dramatic tone and feel. Your submissions should have energizing motifs, driving rhythms, and top-notch arrangements with 3 "acts" that build to a climactic crescendo. Your instrumentation should combine epic strings with heavy and impactful drums/percussion to create the pulse-pounding, tension-building, nail-biting, and adventurous sound desired. Incorporating Sound Design, Electronic, or Rock elements could work for this request – just be sure to keep the Orchestral elements prominent within the track. Including breaks and other edit points that are easy to cut picture to are recommended, as well. Your production should be polished and any virtual sounds or instruments you use need to be high-quality and state-of-the-art. If you have tracks that could work well for superhero or comic book action movies, this Library wants to hear them!

TAXI Tip: Don't be afraid to layer up your instrumentation to create a huge blockbuster sound! The bigger the better for this type of Instrumental.

All submissions should be about 90 seconds to 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, button/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, texture, and tone. Do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ Songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 deal. You’ll split any applicable sync fees the company receives 50/50 with the company. You’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share and the Library will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit for this opportunity. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Monday, January 2nd, 2023. TAXI # S230102CT

SteveKnox

Re: Save Us All (Dark, Orch Hybrid Trailer Instrumental

Post by SteveKnox » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:42 am

In my opinion, You are right in the pocket. A couple personal things I would change, When the slap strings and string melody come in at (30 seconds) the dryness is competing with the background drums. With it being so dry, it makes it too intimate to me. Id try a good quality room reverb. I could be wrong but its definitely worth a try. An editor with stems could add that but I think were supposed to hand everything to them to save them time.
Just a thought!

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Save Us All (Dark, Orch Hybrid Trailer Instrumental

Post by melodea » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:37 am

Good ideas and cool elements. But so far it sounds like a sketch. I second the comment above with the more reverb needed. But as far as the build is concerned it needs more orchestration, especially in the 3d act. The overall sound is not bombastic enough and is quality-wise probably not going to match the high bar in that genre IMO.
I always find the visual trailers a very difficult way to work with as a reference, since the original track has been chopped up already and supplemented with additional sfx! I would take tracks from libraries as references, so you don't have distracting voiceovers etc. Band X Music, and Audiomachine are trailer companies working on the highest level in that genre. Take that as a reference and try to match the sound, mix, and composition quality, since the bar is extremely high in that style.

Good luck

Chris
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser