Scary ghost forward - this cue is 4/4!!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Scary ghost forward - this cue is 4/4!!

Post by markhimley » Fri May 05, 2017 4:15 pm

Got another forward for this cue (well sort of). I have a cue that was 3/3 on listings, and I cut it down to a 90 second version for this listing and I was very happy to see that it got forwarded!! Fingers crossed that something will come of it!

My cue:

http://www.soundcloud.com/markhimley/wh ... ome-90-sec

Feedback: "Nice job! Good sounding cue, and thanks for cutting the track to the time requested."

The Listing:

SCARY, GHOST-HUNTING Style UNDERSCORE INSTRUMENTAL CUES are U-R-G-E-N-T-L-Y needed for several $300, NON-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor placements on a Popular TV Reality Series on a Major Broadcast Network. They’re on the hunt for eerie, Down-to-Mid-Tempo Instrumental Cues that have a creepy and scary quality just like the Cues in shows like Ghost Hunters, The Haunted, etc., etc., etc.

Please listen to the references below to get in the stylistic wheelhouse of what they’re searching for:

The Haunted (2:58 to 3:09): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMUKWZF3Dv4

Ghost Hunters International (2:38 to 3:06): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuSgjG93ci0

Please submit dark, ominous Instrumental Underscore Cues that give the audience a feeling of unsettling anticipation. Build your Cue around a simple central melodic motif that keeps your Cue sparse, but also be sure to add in some variation and dynamics that can help move a scene forward. Cues that are on the drone-y side of underscore can work for this, as well as Cues that would be considered underscore, but with a tension “vibe.” Your submissions should be 90 seconds long with non-faded, buttoned endings. Do NOT copy the referenced Instrumental Cues in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine) The estimated license fee for syncs in this show is (up to) $300, depending on the ultimate placements. This is a Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor pitch. You'll get 100% of the sync fee, and 100% of any applicable performance royalties. Plus, you'll also keep 100% of your Publishing and Master ownership. You need to own or control your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit 1-3 Instrumental Cues online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017. TAXI #U170502SG

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Scary ghost forward - this cue is 4/4!!

Post by Telefunkin » Fri May 05, 2017 4:35 pm

Whoooaaa...I'll not sleep tonight after hearing this one. Very scary indeed Mark! :o
Congrats on the forward. :)
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by markhimley » Tue May 09, 2017 3:23 pm

Telefunkin wrote:Whoooaaa...I'll not sleep tonight after hearing this one. Very scary indeed Mark! :o
Congrats on the forward. :)
Thanks!

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by annayarbrough » Tue May 09, 2017 7:43 pm

Nice! My favorite thing about this is the subtlety - super creepy. Love those high notes as well - really adds to the tension.
Anna Yarbrough
Website | Spotify | SoundCloud

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by markhimley » Fri May 12, 2017 6:16 pm

annayarbrough wrote:Nice! My favorite thing about this is the subtlety - super creepy. Love those high notes as well - really adds to the tension.

Thank you very much!