Screener 253, this song didn't get a foward

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Screener 253, this song didn't get a foward

Post by arkjack » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:00 pm

I don't know why they come down so hard on people in the radio biz like that.... for cryin out freakin loud, the guy's job is to talk all day and make it entertaining..... If he screws up once in a while.... what's the big deal, who hasn't..?? Like haven't we all at one time or another said something we wish we didn't.....? I can recall at least a couple dozen posts I've made here that I later thought about and said "damn, I hope I don't piss off Michael and the screeners..... " I probably shouldn't even post now.... shut my big mouth .....(fingers...)..... but I can't help myself.... I'm not a perfectly pure virgin athlete who's never been drunk...... and I don't have tats either..... They really taking Imus to task... you know.... get over it.... And in a totally different line of thought.... Wow chits... more eights on your critiques..... !!!!! I really wish those links were working...... I wanna hear your songs ....... damnit........ ArkJack

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:32 pm

Here ya go, AJ. I found a way to get the link to work. I will list it again of course, but instead of clicking it on, if you type the link (addy) in yourself exactly as it appears, (dots, dashes, etc.) then it will work. www.geocities.com/songwriter_205/Chitty-Stumble_on.mp3

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:58 pm

Quote:Quote:Ooh you sound like a typical northerner Johnny You keep talking about northerners that way and you are going to be in more trouble than Don Imus.Jeffe might call us "Yanks' too. Where I live, everyone outside my region is a Yank.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:07 pm

Quote:I'll have you know that some of my best friends are northerners.LOL.I actually have a sense of humor about this Imus thing.......even though Imus was wrong and very thoughtless concerning his remarks about the Rutgers team, it's kind of funny seeing a bunch 'o white, stiff, buttoned up media guys using terms like, "sensitivity training."

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by arkjack » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:35 pm

Yay Chits!!!!! nice song.... like your voice.... you get up there.... I'm only a stones throw from Jaersie..... though it may be true that Imus could use a little sensitivity training.... there's also the aspect that the rest of them could go to a "sense of humor" training. I mean everyone gets so freakin' bent out of shape, insulted, pissed, to the point of craziness.... and of course the media tries to treat every singe event as a major hate crime........ and an attack on women... talk about a mountain out of a mole hill....... ( Although I guess if someone like Imus made an insult like that about my wife or daughter. ... I'd kick his ass.... ) and he is getting his ass kicked ... Here's a song about where my head is at.... http://www.broadjam.com/transmit/transm ... q=1ArkJack

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:21 pm

Just a point of clarification. The northerners I'm talking about are the ones in my part of the world. I am actually further north than most people in the U.S.
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Screener 253, this song didn't get a forward

Post by Casey H » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:58 am

HiChits... sorry if we stole your thread for a few minutes about the Imus thing. Jack- I agree with you big time.I am both very sad and very angry that Imus is getting fired for this. (He wasn't fired by CBS radio yet, but that will be next). Can't anybody make a mistake, sincerely apologize, and move on? What he said was wrong. That is universally agreed on. But this calling for his head on a platter and making him lose his livelihood is worse. I found his apology way more sincere than that I've heard from many others who have made offensive comments. And he didn't check right into a rehab center and blame it on drugs and alcohol. That seems the fashionable thing to do if you screw up. Check right in to rehab and that makes everything OK. I was offended by Mel Gibson's comments last year during his drunk driving incident. So, I won't go see any movies that he is involved with. That's how I express my feelings. People have this same option with Imus. If they don't listen, his ratings would suffer and the marketplace would have spoken. And shame on those sponsors who pulled out. Do you think they did that because they really give a hoot about the people he offended? No... It's politically correct to pull their ads. It's a big PR thing for them.And what about punishment fitting the crime? I think a 2 week suspension was reasonable but firing was way beyond.One more thing... Imus has spent large sums of money earned from his radio success on excellent charitable causes. So his firing takes away money that would continue to go to those causes.I heard one political correctness joke on the radio this morning. It was from a respected mainstream talk show host. He said don't be surprised if next year Santa has to come down the chimney and say "Hum, hum, hum"... OK, back to Chit's music... Casey

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:42 am

Quote:Just a point of clarification. The northerners I'm talking about are the ones in my part of the world. I am actually further north than most people in the U.S. jeffe means,ooooppppp norf.Manchester United,Coronation street,Oasis.Right jeffe?South........aka saaaaarrrfffff sarfend,lundon red busses,Where's Chichester jeffe,is it near Winchester and what accent prevails. I am very interested in accents.

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:44 am

Quote:I am finally going to post a link to one of my songs.... it didn't get a foward. The title of it is "Stumble On Through This World." The main reason it didn't get a foward was, 'it was not close enough to the intended market, and it was felt that a bridge was needed break up some of the harmonic structure. ' The song was also considered too 'down' for a country listing which prefers more upbeat stuff. I submitted this a Dixie Chicks listing, at least, that was one of the artists they specified. I knew it wouldn't get a foward, but I wanted a critique anyway. I really don't know which market I'd pitch this song too, might have a hard time finding a home. I also got some good marks on the song, eights on the music and lyrics...with comments like, "good music in chorus" and 'the hook is well defined." Anyway, this is not my usual fare...my songs sound much more country because I have them demoed in Nashville, but I thought I'd post this one anyway. I am singing on the demo. My voice isn't stellar, but it's adequate I guess. I co-wrote this with my guitar teacher, and he engineered the demo and is playing the guitar throughout the demo. One day, I'll post some of Beaird's Demoes, so you can see the contrast between some of my more Nashville sounding songs (Larry does a really good job) and this one here. I like my song, think it's pretty good, but I am always open to even the most brutal critiques, hehe. BTW, I agree with all of screener 253's comments, even though I'm fond of my song. It could use some work. I've written better stuff too. I'm learnin' Any critiques would be welcomed if y'all have the time. Another TAXI member has already done so via e-mail. Hope this link works. www.geocities.com/songwriter_205/Chitty-Stumble_on.mp3 I still can't get it to play.Could one of our techie genius's like Case or jeffe do a link.

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:05 am

Quote:Quote:I am finally going to post a link to one of my songs.... it didn't get a foward. The title of it is "Stumble On Through This World." The main reason it didn't get a foward was, 'it was not close enough to the intended market, and it was felt that a bridge was needed break up some of the harmonic structure. ' The song was also considered too 'down' for a country listing which prefers more upbeat stuff. I submitted this a Dixie Chicks listing, at least, that was one of the artists they specified. I knew it wouldn't get a foward, but I wanted a critique anyway. I really don't know which market I'd pitch this song too, might have a hard time finding a home. I also got some good marks on the song, eights on the music and lyrics...with comments like, "good music in chorus" and 'the hook is well defined." Anyway, this is not my usual fare...my songs sound much more country because I have them demoed in Nashville, but I thought I'd post this one anyway. I am singing on the demo. My voice isn't stellar, but it's adequate I guess. I co-wrote this with my guitar teacher, and he engineered the demo and is playing the guitar throughout the demo. One day, I'll post some of Beaird's Demoes, so you can see the contrast between some of my more Nashville sounding songs (Larry does a really good job) and this one here. I like my song, think it's pretty good, but I am always open to even the most brutal critiques, hehe. BTW, I agree with all of screener 253's comments, even though I'm fond of my song. It could use some work. I've written better stuff too. I'm learnin' Any critiques would be welcomed if y'all have the time. Another TAXI member has already done so via e-mail. Hope this link works. www.geocities.com/songwriter_205/Chitty-Stumble_on.mp3 I still can't get it to play.Could one of our techie genius's like Case or jeffe do a link.Copy the URL and paste it into the address bar in your browser. That should work.Chichester is about 20 miles from Portsmouth, and about 30 from Brighton. It sits in the middle. Not far away from classy Bognor (not).The accent here is not too far away from the London accent. That's probably because half the population of London moved here. There are a few people with a country twang in their voice.The southern softies!As the northerners like to refer to us.Talking about people putting their foot in their mouth. There was a guy called "Ron Atkinson" who was commenting on a soccer match, and made what was regarded as a discriminatory reference to humans with better sun tans than him. His feet didn't touch the floor as they fired him.
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.