Screener 253, this song didn't get a foward

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Screener 253, this song didn't get a foward

Post by jchitty » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:27 am

I am finally going to post a link to one of my songs.... it didn't get a foward. The title of it is "Stumble On Through This World." The main reason it didn't get a foward was, 'it was not close enough to the intended market, and it was felt that a bridge was needed break up some of the harmonic structure. ' The song was also considered too 'down' for a country listing which prefers more upbeat stuff. I submitted this a Dixie Chicks listing, at least, that was one of the artists they specified. I knew it wouldn't get a foward, but I wanted a critique anyway. I really don't know which market I'd pitch this song too, might have a hard time finding a home. I also got some good marks on the song, eights on the music and lyrics...with comments like, "good music in chorus" and 'the hook is well defined." Anyway, this is not my usual fare...my songs sound much more country because I have them demoed in Nashville, but I thought I'd post this one anyway. I am singing on the demo. My voice isn't stellar, but it's adequate I guess. I co-wrote this with my guitar teacher, and he engineered the demo and is playing the guitar throughout the demo. One day, I'll post some of Beaird's Demoes, so you can see the contrast between some of my more Nashville sounding songs (Larry does a really good job) and this one here. I like my song, think it's pretty good, but I am always open to even the most brutal critiques, hehe. BTW, I agree with all of screener 253's comments, even though I'm fond of my song. It could use some work. I've written better stuff too. I'm learnin' Any critiques would be welcomed if y'all have the time. Another TAXI member has already done so via e-mail. Hope this link works. www.geocities.com/songwriter_205/Chitty-Stumble_on.mp3

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Screener 253, this song didn't get a foward

Post by jchitty » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:30 am

I will try again...there were some technical difficulties. If this doesn't work, well, I'll just have to give up. www.geocities.com/songwriter_205/Chitty-Stumble_on.mp3 Eventually, I'll get my TAXI page up and running.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:04 am

Quote:I will try again...there were some technical difficulties. If this doesn't work, well, I'll just have to give up. www.geocities.com/songwriter_205/Chitty-Stumble_on.mp3 Eventually, I'll get my TAXI page up and running.bummer chitsQuote:This page is not available.We're sorry, but this page is currently unavailable for viewing. If this site belongs to you, please read this help page for more information and assistance.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:36 am

Hey, Steve....I asked Casey for a critique of the song via e-mail, so maybe he can provide a better link than me...I must be doin' something wrong. The link worked via mail, but it doesn't seem to work here. So if Casey is around, post a link if you can.Anyway, y'all have a good day!

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:37 am

Quote:I will try again...there were some technical difficulties. If this doesn't work, well, I'll just have to give up. www.geocities.com/songwriter_205/Chitty-Stumble_on.mp3 Eventually, I'll get my TAXI page up and running.Chitz,why don't you go MySpace or Soundclick,meanwhile don't be in a hurry to become and ultimate member it's quality not quantity that counts.You've only got to look at the majority of jeffe geoff's post to know that's right.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:47 am

Quote:Quote:I will try again...there were some technical difficulties. If this doesn't work, well, I'll just have to give up. www.geocities.com/songwriter_205/Chitty-Stumble_on.mp3 Eventually, I'll get my TAXI page up and running.Chitz,why don't you go MySpace or Soundclick,meanwhile don't be in a hurry to become and ultimate member it's quality not quantity that counts.You've only got to look at the majority of jeffe geoff's post to know that's right. JD, if you only knew the extent of my technical expertise concerning mp3s and the internet....yes, I'm THAT challenged. My husband had to make this mp3 for me...what seems so easy for others is a learning process for me. But I'll consider your suggestion...just will have to do it later.Anyways..

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:59 am

Quote: it's quality not quantity that counts.is provocity a word yet?

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:37 am

Quote:Quote:I will try again...there were some technical difficulties. If this doesn't work, well, I'll just have to give up. www.geocities.com/songwriter_205/Chitty-Stumble_on.mp3 Eventually, I'll get my TAXI page up and running.Chitz,why don't you go MySpace or Soundclick,meanwhile don't be in a hurry to become and ultimate member it's quality not quantity that counts.You've only got to look at the majority of jeffe geoff's post to know that's right. Ooh you sound like a typical northerner Johnny
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:32 pm

Quote:Ooh you sound like a typical northerner Johnny You keep talking about northerners that way and you are going to be in more trouble than Don Imus.

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:59 pm

I'll have you know that some of my best friends are northerners.
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.