Screeners must agree on criteria when screening the same listing

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

niallyboy
Impressive
Impressive

Screeners must agree on criteria when screening the same listing

Post by niallyboy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:46 pm

Hi Taxi, fellow composers, et al--

Regarding listing Y180118SJ, "ORIGINAL SMOOTH JAZZ INSTRUMENTALS in are needed by a Brand New, Non-Exclusive Music Library recently started by the CEO of another successful company. This company has asked TAXI to find them hundreds (probably thousands) of Instrumentals, Cues, and Songs over the next few months.....", 7 tunes were submitted, and 5 were forwarded.

The two that were returned by screener #347 felt they were too long. Quote: "...submissions should be about 2:00 in length (give or take)" and you have taken about 3 and half extra minutes. The concern with the link is that I worry that the arc is just going to be too drawn out and hard to pair to a scene. She's made a good point about the arc not being tight enough, but she liked the tune otherwise. Screener #132, however, had no issue with length, forwarding 3 tunes that were longer in duration, one by several minutes.

As the listing states that the company is looking for instrumentals, cues and songs, that opens the time window, in my estimation. Also, there were plenty of edit points in the 2 tunes that were returned.

For reference, these are the tunes (found on my Taxi page):

Eliza------------------ 3:05
Savoir Faire--------- 3:49
Creme Brulee-------- 4:23 (returned)
The Artful Dodger--- 4:42
Why Do I Love You-- 5:11
Cassiopeia----------- 5:37 (returned)
Unrequited----------- 6:51

I respect the screeners; sometimes their criteria is of a different priority, as in this case.

Musically,
Niall