"Seniors" challenge..can you still rock??

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jay10music
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: "Seniors" challenge..can you still rock??

Post by jay10music » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:08 am

OK FEAK.....Here's the grand prize I kept behind curtain 2...I did this for a joke...Listing was for James Brown style song...This was my second submission I ever did for Taxi ..Lousy recording..also done on Zoom H-4AND GUESS WHAT...I summited this song and it got forwarded to a Austrian Music Production Co....Go Figure.. WARREN..My coffee went flying again...Intro blew my cup all over my leg again.. CoooooooL track... ARE WE OUT OF ARE MINDS This Track Has big big guitar solo' starting around 1:42 and the end.. CHECK OUT THE LICKS AT THE END.. Funky, and soulfull, but it rocks.. Well here it is......Jay.... [OLD MEN TRYING TO PLAY MUSIC http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... tream=true

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:20 am

bcAll rock counts.Time to prove to these youngins we still have it:)Jump in, we are havin fun.Paul

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:25 am

Hey FeakI love your track! And it definitely rocks! You have the chorus differentiation you've been seeking when you get to the "C'mon" part. The change in number of syllables (or length of notes, pattern of beats, etc) is exactly what we've been talking about. It's retro but very good retro... a bit of a cross between Fleetwood Mac and Creedence's Green River... You could always play with the lyrics but they don't need as much as you might think...Good one, especially from someone who is even older than me!! (and they didn't have History when I was in school)... Casey

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:31 am

beep beepFraid to ask if there is a curtain #3We have to jam some time. Man that is good stuff. You singing that too.Feel a bit intimidated now, but in a good way.Love that lead. Is this all midi? Didn't know that was possible.I think you might be the overwhelming favorite to date.Ya never know though.Isn't Mark Black and Casey "old" rockers as well. (better check ages, might be young pups)What about Ibanez. I can picture that axe sitting at his side?Dave?Come on guys, no pressure here. Would even consider a rough intro.Paul

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:40 am

Too funny CaseyI must have been entering you name when you responded. Go figure.Yup, I have to get back to my roots. Never was a balad man.Must be a subconscience thing if I have the correct start this time.I think my buddy could really get into singing this one.So, I know you have been recently doing acoustic stuff, but any rockish tunes lying around?Nobody has asked what the "grand prize" was yet. Keep it a surprise for now.Thanks for checking us outPaul

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:07 am

Actually I was doing some punk-ish rock yesterday but the performance is way too bad to post... Want to lay down a few licks for me and sing it? It's a verse with no lyric and a chorus... Punk-like chord/riffs-- probably 5th chords... Be back... My prune juice just kicked in... Casey

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:22 am

Raison bran works for me:)Let's hear it. Condensed form is good. Yes indeed, sing it.Paul

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:06 am

Jul 6, 2008, 7:22am, feaker wrote:Raison bran works for me:)Let's hear it. Condensed form is good. Yes indeed, sing it.PaulSent you PM and email... Ain't posting it this way, LOL....

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by heinsite » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:20 am

hey paul and guys/gals--i actually did post Ga Ga once when it was 1 of 2 forwards for an mp listing (and 2 of a grand total of 3 in my life here...) about 2 months ago. again, it's a demo, HOWEVER, they stayed true to my orig piece of crap i had, the intro is all mine, but i did it with fake guitar/ midi keys, and sent it back several times for do-overs, etc. paul, it's been getting better because i'm sending them out as i can afford it to have real musician and producers work on these--as i've said, i am NO MUSICIAN, but the music's in me (hell, sounds like a song...) so viola.this is fun, i may post another that is ALL me, midi mostly, weird song, not as rock as god knows what, kinda a blast at taxi that someday i'll rewrite the lyrics for...let me listen to it again, and maybe post it--it's pretty out there/different.the best,warrenps: keep those cards and letters coming guys!

jay10music
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jay10music » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:55 am

Guy's this is insane.........Feak opened up a bee's nest... Great ain't it..!!!! ANSWER TO MIDI..Feak..yes both tracks done on keyboard..even solo's, does my stuff still count??? The Old Funkmiester ... JJJJJ... 8-)