September MEMBER DEALS

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

taxidave
Active
Active

September MEMBER DEALS

Post by taxidave » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:03 pm

Member Deals 9/1/2008 - 9/30/2008Tracey James M. (California)*Tracey & Vance reported their recent deals through TAXI which include:-A placement in the Indie Film, Neptune Cowboy (a fictional psycho-drama with an offbeat love story!)-A placement in the Indie Film, Sins of Commission.-licensing their 211th song to an Online Music Licensing company that supplies music to film, TV, video game, corporate, internet, and DVD projects.-signing 5 more songs (23 songs total) to a Texas based Production Music Library.-signing a 2-song deal with a Washington based Production Music Library that focuses on placements in video games, corporate sites, etc.-signing their song “Jamaican Moon” to a UK-based Production Music Library/Publishing company.Stephen D. (Florida)-Stephen was recently notified that his song “Miss 4th of July” was placed in the end credits of the Independent Comedy Film, And The Winner Is... as a result of a forward to an Independent Film Producer through a TAXI Dispatch listing.Martin H. (Switzerland)-After working with an International Management/Publishing/Production company with tons of hits and cuts (U.S. and International) as a result of a connection through TAXI, Martin has recently landed a few placements including his most recent deal of his two Electronic Instrumentals placed on the upcoming show Stylista on the CW network. Also, last month after co-writing with other writers from this company, Martin’s song “Burn” was placed in the Canadian drama TV series, Degrassi.Michael E. (Massachusetts)-Michael’s band The Motion Sick recently wrapped up a deal with an Advertising Agency who just launched a National Ad Campaign for SheaFlex70, a product targeted toward women’s joint health. Their Instrumental version of “Losing Altitude” was licensed for $1,200 for this ad as a result of a forward through a TAXI Dispatch listing.Sam R. (Australia)-Sam recently reported that he’s been working hard with the original connection he made through TAXI with a Texas based Music Licensing company, and he signed 21 more songs. Here’s what Sam had to say:“So stoked, especially since my goal was to sign 30 songs this year & I've got 2 songs signed to another library, so I've achieved my goal with 3 months to spare! Taxi is the best!Also, I am from Australia, so Taxi works for overseas people as well!Love your work.”Sam R. (Australia)-Sam recently signed another track to a highly successful Music Publisher as a result of a connection that Sam made through TAXI a few months ago.Michael M. (New Hampshire)-Michael signed four of his dramatic underscore compositions for use in Film/TV/commercial/video game projects with a Music Licensing company as a result of a forward through a TAXI Dispatch request. Here’s what Michael had to say: “Taxi Submissions and the Taxi Forum have helped me fine tune my music composition skills and craft more marketable music. THANK YOU TAXI!”Stephen B. (Florida)-Stephen recently notified us that after signing a few R&B & Hip-Hop songs a few months ago with the Owner of a Music Production Library, he signed 2 more Hip-Hop songs and 5 bumpers/stingers in various genres as a result of a connection made through TAXI.Francisco R. (California)-It was recently reported that Stephen B. is also currently co-writing with fellow TAXI forum member Francisco R. which they pitch their music directly to the President of an LA-based Music Publishing Company for a couple of current TV shows he’s pitching to. This is a result of a connection Francisco made through a TAXI listing.Stephen B. (Florida)-Stephen has recently updated us on his staff-writing job for a very popular daytime talk show he received through a TAXI listing, and mentioned he has signed a total of 21 Instrumental cues to supply for this talk show. “So, after 1 year of being a TAXI member, I have signed a total of 37 instrumental cues to 3 different libraries and am scheduled to sign at least 10-15 more before the end of 2008. Thank God for TAXI. Seriously.”Jarno H. (Finland)-Still benefiting from the deal he signed with an owner of a Music Production Library through TAXI, Jarno had 2 full length albums, along with 36 shorter (3-18 sec) tracks signed. The songs he signed range from Pop to World to Urban to Blues to Rock to Techno, and much more.Dwayne R. (California)-Dwayne reported that he signed a deal with an LA-based Online Music Licensing Company, as well as an Independent Music Publisher for placement in Muzak-type applications (shops, restaurants, malls, etc.) as a result of a few forwards through TAXI.Dorian K. (United Kingdom)-Dorian’s Acapella Renaissance love song, “My Love Awaketh” (and 4 alternative versions), were recently signed by a UK-based Publisher that specializes in Film/TV placement opportunities as a result of a forward through TAXI.Christian B. (Massachusetts)-Former TAXI member Christian recently mentioned that he signed a non-exclusive deal for his Hip-Hop Instrumental piece “The Dealers Hand” as a result of a forward to a U.K.-based Music Production Music/Publishing company for TV placements through TAXI.Dan D. (California)-Dan recently reported that after a forward through TAXI to the Owner of a Music Production Library based in Texas, he subsequently had four action-Rock songs with electronic elements signed nine months after he was forwarded.Walter G. (Germany)-Walter recently wrapped up two deals: One deal was with the Owner of a Music Production Library for 13 of his Instrumentals, and he also signed with a UK-based Publisher that specializes in Film/TV placement opportunities as a result of a forward through TAXI.Michael W. (Canada)-Michael recently signed his cover of “Just a Closer Walk With Thee” and his original guitar Instrumental “I Just Want To Know” to a Production Music Library as a result of a forward through TAXI.Congratulations to everyone mentioned in the month of September!Be sure to e-mail your deal mentions to: ');// -->deals@taxi.comI look forward to hearing more of your incredible stories on how you achieved your deals through TAXI! David LaidlawManager, Dispatch818-222-2464deals@taxi.com