Shall we play a game?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

avillaronga
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Shall we play a game?

Post by avillaronga » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:00 pm

Since it generated so many requests for comments here on peer to peer, how about:The Owner of a new Music Library needs a wide range of high-energy DRAMA INSTRUMENTALS (no vocals) for ACTION/CHASE SCENES for use in film/TV/commercials, etc. This production music veteran signed dozens of TAXI writers to his previous company, and wants to repeat that same type of success with this new venture. He needs tracks with button ending -- no fade-outs. This company will offer a standard exclusive deal where they will control the publishing rights of the songs they sign, the writer keeps the writer's share of the royalties, and the license fees are split between company & writer. Great performances are essential. Broadcast quality needed [excellent home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Oct. 15, 2007.TAXI # S071015IN

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:07 pm

Well, if we're gonna do it like Taxi, it has to be a listing in a genre that trentoliphant is versed in. Right?

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:29 pm

Quote:Well, if we're gonna do it like Taxi, it has to be a listing in a genre that trentoliphant is versed in. Right?What do you think trentoliphant? Do you want another listing suggested or are you OK with this one?

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:21 pm

Oh, I'm out, can't touch this one , man, you're right HB, this is like highschool... Geo

trentoliphant
Impressive
Impressive

Post by trentoliphant » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:58 pm

That's one I feel comfortable with. Since this is one genre I am trying to improve myself in. I won't guarantee that I will have the chops to truly be a screener, - but this is just a game.After I do the critique, I will want some feedback from some more experienced members (those that were excluded). Hopefully, this will help me in critiquing my own stuff.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:07 pm

OK, we have a screener and a listing... Now we need volunteer #3 to post a track. Anyone?

stkeb
Active
Active

Post by stkeb » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:31 pm

Oh gosh, I wish I had something in this genre -- **teeth chattering**I'd be willing to throw myself out there as #3. Drats!Tricia

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:50 pm

Come on, folks! Here's an opp to get some great feedback on your work. Dive in!!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website