Should I be more excited about this forward??

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mcanty
Impressive
Impressive

Should I be more excited about this forward??

Post by mcanty » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:20 am

My song "you will never be alone" was just forwarded for the third time in a week. This last forward was a dispatch listing where the screener was actually the manager of the artist about to enter studio. Do you think that means more than just a forward by taxi? After all management actually did the screening. Thoughts??

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Should I be more excited about this forward??

Post by hummingbird » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:41 am

Quote:My song "you will never be alone" was just forwarded for the third time in a week. This last forward was a dispatch listing where the screener was actually the manager of the artist about to enter studio. Do you think that means more than just a forward by taxi? After all management actually did the screening. Thoughts??Yes, you should be excited about this forward. It means that piece of music took 2 steps forward and is now being considered by the rest of the artist's team.(It's semantics but "just a forward by Taxi" is something many of us here would like to have... or have more often.)Congrats on the forwards!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

jameii
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jameii » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:14 pm

Quote:My song "you will never be alone" was just forwarded for the third time in a week. This last forward was a dispatch listing where the screener was actually the manager of the artist about to enter studio. Do you think that means more than just a forward by taxi? After all management actually did the screening. Thoughts??Which listing was it for? ALL forwards are exciting!!!

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:14 pm

Quote:My song "you will never be alone" was just forwarded for the third time in a week. This last forward was a dispatch listing where the screener was actually the manager of the artist about to enter studio. Do you think that means more than just a forward by taxi? After all management actually did the screening. Thoughts??I dunno, but this is a funny post....it's like a woman asking if she should be excited after receiving a Godiva Chocolate Indulgence Gift Tower.

mcanty
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mcanty » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:47 am

Sorry guys I didn't mean to be flippant about it. I am definitely excited but I am intrigued that the artist manager actually screened and selected the songs. Let me find the listing and I will post it.

mcanty
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mcanty » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:50 am

Here is the listing in question in its entirety:D080117MPMODERN POP/INSTANTLY MEMORABLE SONGS are needed by a Los Angeles-based Manager with major and indie label clients for a female Pop/Urban artist of his who is about to enter the studio. He has run multiple listings, but still has not found that perfect “hit”. You might reference Christina Aguilera’s “Beautiful”, Kelly Clarkson’s “Breakaway”, Fergie’s “Big Girls Don’t Cry”, Shania Twain’s “Still The One”. Great songs are what’s needed here - solid lyrics, amazing melodies with BIG hooks and an undeniable Chorus. Tempo is open, though mid to uptempo is preferable. The manager will come in to screen the submissions himself. Please submit one to three songs per CD, include lyric sheets. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI. For ground submissions, please enclose a S.A.S.E. if you would like a response. As always, we will notify everyone via e-mail, whether your submissions have been Forwarded or Returned. Submissions must be received no later than 4pm Pacific Standard Time on Thursday, Jan. 17, 2008. TAXI # D080117MP

jameii
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jameii » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:14 am

Yup that's the same one I got forwarded to. I thnk this is a fairly high bar listing by the way it reads...BEST OF LUCK!!!

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:57 am

Hey there Mcanty,I'm SO excited about this! Excellent, well done, congratulations. Even if it doesn't pass this time it WILL happen.Look..."perfect “hit”. You might reference Christina Aguilera’s “Beautiful”, Kelly Clarkson’s “Breakaway”, Fergie’s “Big Girls Don’t Cry”, Shania Twain’s “Still The One”. Great songs are what’s needed here - solid lyrics, amazing melodies with BIG hooks and an undeniable Chorus"That says it all!Here's hoping.Lindsey.

chrisbee
Impressive
Impressive

Post by chrisbee » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:43 pm

Quote:My song "you will never be alone" was just forwarded for the third time in a week. This last forward was a dispatch listing where the screener was actually the manager of the artist about to enter studio. Do you think that means more than just a forward by taxi? After all management actually did the screening. Thoughts??I agree with others that have responded - every forward is very cool news. But I also think, how can you NOT be more excited about a forward where the person actually making the final decision decided to put you on the "short list"?? That's really cool.cb

leejohnson
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by leejohnson » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:40 pm

YES, I think you should be more excited. Since you brought it up, why don't you do a dance around your house right now. Go get some bubbly, and imagine all the things you want as if you already have them. Then feel how good that feels, and don't worry about what happens to this little listing. All thats meant to be will be. Wow, if that didn't sound cheesey....signing off for now...