feloniuspunk
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Should I build a vocal booth?

Post by feloniuspunk » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:11 am

dicarlo

Re: Should I build a vocal booth?

Post by dicarlo » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:51 pm

Hey, I´m a little late on this, and I don´t have time to read this whole thread.But f*ck building a vocal booth.Get yourself 3 single mattresses and set them upright in the corner of the room. Like this I_I and brace something up against the outter mattress. Leave the front open where the mic will be, but stand inside facing out. This will be enough to deaden the sound. Then put some foam material on the top.This is what I did, and it works fine. And I have 4 meter high ceilings in my flat. lol I`m using an Audio Technica AT 4040 studio mic, which was picking up everything in the neighborhood, before I used the mattress booth. lolSome of my friends laughed in the beginning, until they saw Lil John´s studio on MTV cribs in his multi-million dollar villa in Florida. They showed his studio, and what did he have for a vocal booth?Mattresses just like mine. He´s a mega producer and multi-millionaire, so you know he knows what he´s doing. Find some mattresses and save yourself a lot of money and time building a vocal booth. Good luck.Peace,DICARLO