Shout Out on Taxi TV Live

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

peeyo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Shout Out on Taxi TV Live

Post by peeyo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:34 pm

I was watching the latest episode of Taxi TV Live on Tuesday night (couldn't watch it live...band rehearsal), and heard my song "Live In Color" and name mentioned as being strongly considered by the ad agency it was forwarded to. It was a pretty surreal moment, and it was exciting to hear that my music was being considered that much! I know it had been forwarded but we (Taxi members) obviously don't know the progress after that (unless our song gets picked). I guess for me it just made the whole Taxi experience a little more personal and was nice to hear that my all nighter I spent on the song made it at least good enough to have that much interest. I know it's kind of nerdy to get so excited over just a mention, but I haven't had a ton of success in my writing career as of yet, so it was a pretty nice moment.
But....I know these things are a long shot, so I am forging ahead writing, submitting and writing some more.
It's amazing how different and improved I am on so many levels since this time last year. My songwriting is more focused and fearless, my production skills have improved immensely (didn't really have much before so anything is an improvement), and my questions about the next step in my music career have been answered.
I just want to thank Taxi for inspiring me to launch a new career and providing me with exceptional tools to help me get there.

Rock on,
Paul

fret17
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Shout Out on Taxi TV Live

Post by fret17 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi Paul....awesome track dude!.....I love everything about it!....I don't think it gets much better than that!...Wow!

peeyo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by peeyo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:54 pm

Thanks Tom!

stevecollom
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by stevecollom » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:09 pm

congrates mate, i hope it all works out.
steve

eeoo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by eeoo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:59 pm

Paul that is a f*(%^&$ing awesome track! Even if you don't get this gig that one's gonna go places. Congrats man!

eo

peeyo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by peeyo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:56 pm

Thanks Steve and eo. I appreciate the kind words. That track is actually one I haven't gotten tired of yet. It might be the first song of mine that I can listen to and not (really) want to re-do. That's a big step for me! ;)

dotted8
Impressive
Impressive

Post by dotted8 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:59 pm

Paul,

That is really cool, brother! That's a kickin' song too! I love the guitar work you did in it...

Congratulations! You can tell it's going to end up somewhere great.
"The truth is never out of breath"

Rob
http://www.taxi.com/robarey

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by marcblack30 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:32 pm

Nice Paul, the tracks sounds great! I hope you get the placement!
You're from Cincy, my band used to play down at the Waterfront many years ago. You ever hear of the band Homunculus? That wasn't my band but they formed at IU when I was there and I know they relocated there, I'm thinking they've disbanded by now.

anyways, i'm gonna have a listen to some more of your stuff.
cheers!
-- Marc Blackwell

peeyo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by peeyo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:55 pm

Thanks Rob. I appreciate the guitar props, especially since I don't fancy myself that great of a guitarist, that means a lot.

Marc, thanks man. I hope I get it too! But if not, there's always more placement opportunities right??
The Waterfront was my Thursday spot way back in my college days. What band were you in? I played there a couple of times right before they tore it down. I do remember the band Homonculus. They played at some of the same bars I did back in the day (Millions Cafe ring a bell?). Yes, I believe they are disbanded now.

Peace,
Paul

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by marcblack30 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:11 am

peeyo wrote: Marc, thanks man. I hope I get it too! But if not, there's always more placement opportunities right??
The Waterfront was my Thursday spot way back in my college days. What band were you in? I played there a couple of times right before they tore it down. I do remember the band Homonculus. They played at some of the same bars I did back in the day (Millions Cafe ring a bell?). Yes, I believe they are disbanded now.

Peace,
Paul
My band was called "Mike & Joe" silly because there were 4 members... long story, was never fun to explain!
We did a short run there, I think it may have been Thursday nights as well, I think that was a big night, there were two stages and bands would alternate. I remember that Blessed Union of Souls management was interested in managing our band but we passed as we were successfully managing ourselves. The band is actually still together today, I bowed out a few years ago, was ready for a big change!
I also remember Oval Opus and Shag were from Cincinnati, shag was great! It was so long ago, details are a little fuzzy ;)
-- Marc Blackwell