Show Me the Way (to Way Back When)

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Show Me the Way (to Way Back When)

Post by couchgrouch » Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:37 am

Show Me the Way(to Way Back When)I recall when rock n roll was Helter SkelterBad Moon Rising and Gimme Shelterbut now a guy like me's gotta settlefor bad hip-hop and heavy metalshow me the way to way back whenwhen our different ways really showedlet me look backward once againdown a long and winding roadtime goes past, so damn fastthe last thing young men thinkis youth won't lastso show me the way to way back whenDad useta take me to a Disney movienow weird foreign cartoons replace Mickey and Goofyheroes said "just the facts" and "book 'em Dano"now the good guys are the bad guys on the Sopranosshow me the way to way back whenwhen our different ways really showedlet me look backward once againdown a long and winding roadtime goes past, so damn fastthe last thing young men thinkis youth won't lastso show me the way to way back whenI always say I hate changeand wish things'd stay the samebut now there's better medicines,more freedom for citizensso I shouldn't complainbut sometimes it seemsthings ain't going like they shouldand when good things godon't you know,they're gone for goodso show me the way to way back whenwhen our different ways really showedlet me look backward once againdown a long and winding roadtime goes past, so damn fastthe last thing young men thinkis youth won't lastso show me the way to way back when(c)2004 Robert George

bitwhys
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Show Me the Way (to Way Back When)

Post by bitwhys » Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:40 am

"Its a curious thing that God learned Greek when he wished to turn author - and that he did not learn it better" - Nietzsche

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by couchgrouch » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:14 am

?

bitwhys
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bitwhys » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:28 am

Quote: ? BitWhys = Thread started on: Today at 12:22:12 couchgrouch - « Thread started on: Today at 12:51:08 »<br>BitWhys - « Reply #1 on: Today at 15:15:25 »<br>couchgrouch - « Thread started on: Today at 15:37:06 »<br>whatever
"Its a curious thing that God learned Greek when he wished to turn author - and that he did not learn it better" - Nietzsche

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by couchgrouch » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:39 am

man, I have no idea what you're talking about.

bitwhys
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bitwhys » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:50 am

Quote:man, I have no idea what you're talking about.this looks more like the "couchgrouch forum" than it does the "lyrics lovers" forum. two post each within half an hour of mine. looks to me like you gotta have your name at the top here and on the main page all the time. go ahead. just saying my piece is all.

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by couchgrouch » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:59 am

sorry, I just post what I write, when I write it. Where my name is doesn't matter to me at all.