Signed 10 tracks Nov. 2020 and the library doesn't respond to my emails now?

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mkirbymusic
Impressive
Impressive

Signed 10 tracks Nov. 2020 and the library doesn't respond to my emails now?

Post by mkirbymusic » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:11 am

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience before.. my guess is not.

I got a deal (my second deal) from a TAXI forward last year in October, ultimately signed 10 tracks with the library at the start of November. This is a big library and seems very reputable in certain areas of the business.

After I signed the deal I didn't hear from them.. nothing about alt mixes, no briefings or requests even though the owner claimed that they liked to work real closely with their composers, even liked to talk on the phone or skype to discuss the compositions.

So I emailed them in April to check in and let them know what I was working and ask if they were looking for anything in particular.. and NOTHING. No response whatsoever, so I decided to email them again about two weeks ago and NOTHING.

As far as I can tell, the tracks aren't even in their catalog yet and they've only added one album to it since this time last year. IS THIS NORMAL??

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Signed 10 tracks Nov. 2020 and the library doesn't respond to my emails now?

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:33 am

MichaelSpilnerKirby wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:11 am
As far as I can tell, the tracks aren't even in their catalog yet and they've only added one album to it since this time last year. IS THIS NORMAL??
Sadly had similar experiences on a couple of occassions. I've mentally written those tracks off...who knows if they will ever be released.

Normal...No

Does it happen...Yes

Does it suck = 100%

mkirbymusic
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Signed 10 tracks Nov. 2020 and the library doesn't respond to my emails now?

Post by mkirbymusic » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:30 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:33 am
Sadly had similar experiences on a couple of occassions. I've mentally written those tracks off...who knows if they will ever be released.

Normal...No

Does it happen...Yes

Does it suck = 100%
Thank you for that. Almost like a support group meeting here LOL
Well I guess all I can do is hope that eventually they get added into the catalog and placed but for now I will consider them has written off.. and YES 100% does suck

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:40 pm

How do you know they haven't been added to their catalog? You may be right that they haven't been. But sometimes basing things on what you see on their website doesn't tell the whole story. But I take you did send them the 10 tracks, It's so hard to say what is going on. I've had libraries take incredibly long times to process tracks. We also know the pandemic 2 years have been really tough on the industry. Was it an exclusive deal?

The only thing you can do is wait. Don't keep emailing, that will just become annoying. If this was from a Taxi forward, you could ask Taxi if they know what's up with the library. But given this is rally time, wait about 2 weeks before contacting them as they will be exhausted and need to recover. If it wasn't from a Taxi forward, try contacting again in 3-4 months.

Good luck!
:D Casey

mkirbymusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mkirbymusic » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:46 am

Casey H wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:40 pm
How do you know they haven't been added to their catalog? You may be right that they haven't been. But sometimes basing things on what you see on their website doesn't tell the whole story. But I take you did send them the 10 tracks, It's so hard to say what is going on. I've had libraries take incredibly long times to process tracks. We also know the pandemic 2 years have been really tough on the industry. Was it an exclusive deal?

The only thing you can do is wait. Don't keep emailing, that will just become annoying. If this was from a Taxi forward, you could ask Taxi if they know what's up with the library. But given this is rally time, wait about 2 weeks before contacting them as they will be exhausted and need to recover. If it wasn't from a Taxi forward, try contacting again in 3-4 months.

Good luck!
:D Casey
Thanks Casey. I'm only assuming they're not in the catalog because I can't find anything when I search for name in it. The first few months I definitely was patient and thought the pandemic slowed things down and also maybe they were just collecting a bunch of new stuff for TV and would do some bulk importing but now that it's been a year I've started to be a little less patient lol. I will hold my breath a little longer and hopefully they get back to me.

eeoo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by eeoo » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:40 pm

I know of a very Taxi friendly library that moved across country and has been busy , well, relocating I guess. Anyway, I was told after beginning of November they would be back up and running and responding to emails, listening to new submissions etc. Feel free to DM me with the library name and I can let you know if it's the same one.

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by JohnnyP » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:41 pm

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience before.. my guess is not.

I got a deal (my second deal) from a TAXI forward last year in October, ultimately signed 10 tracks with the library at the start of November. This is a big library and seems very reputable in certain areas of the business.

After I signed the deal I didn't hear from them.. nothing about alt mixes, no briefings or requests even though the owner claimed that they liked to work real closely with their composers, even liked to talk on the phone or skype to discuss the compositions.

So I emailed them in April to check in and let them know what I was working and ask if they were looking for anything in particular.. and NOTHING. No response whatsoever, so I decided to email them again about two weeks ago and NOTHING.

Hey Michael,

I think I know the library you're speaking of. I recognize the wording in your post. Does the owner's name start with "N"?

Were your tracks songs or instrumental cues?
Have you checked your PRO to see if they've been registered yet?
I have songs with them ( if it's the same library) and mine were registered and added to the MLC. I've only gotten one brief from them since signing in Nov 2020. No idea if anything has been placed yet.
I did check with TAXI before signing because I hadn't heard of them before. ML said they are mainly a trailer house but had recently switched over to adding songs etc.

Hope that helps a little, and like Casey wrote send an email to TAXI after a week or so and ask.

Best, John
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

mkirbymusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mkirbymusic » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:36 am

JohnnyP wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:41 pm
Hey all,

Hey Michael,

I think I know the library you're speaking of. I recognize the wording in your post. Does the owner's name start with "N"?

Were your tracks songs or instrumental cues?
Have you checked your PRO to see if they've been registered yet?
I have songs with them ( if it's the same library) and mine were registered and added to the MLC. I've only gotten one brief from them since signing in Nov 2020. No idea if anything has been placed yet.
I did check with TAXI before signing because I hadn't heard of them before. ML said they are mainly a trailer house but had recently switched over to adding songs etc.

Hope that helps a little, and like Casey wrote send an email to TAXI after a week or so and ask.

Best, John
Hi John,

Yes, the owner's name does start with N so I think we are talking about the same library.
Thanks for reminding me to check my PRO because it has been a few months.. and wouldn't ya know they were registered at the end of September! So I guess it did just take them awhile to get to it and hopefully soon they'll pop up in the catalog.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:57 am

Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:36 am
Yes, the owner's name does start with N so I think we are talking about the same library.
Is it Christmas related ?

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by JohnnyP » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:32 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:57 am
Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:36 am
Is it Christmas related ?
Chiming in cuz now I’m really curious 🙂. Yes it is Christmas related Mark. Have you had good or bad luck with this library?
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com