Similar/ almost duplicate listings

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jefflaplante
Impressive
Impressive

Similar/ almost duplicate listings

Post by jefflaplante » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:55 am

Did anybody else notice that there have been listings popping up that are very similar to each other? An example would be the Positive Corporate Instrumentals vs. Uplifting Corporate Instrumentals, and it’s seemingly the same company that is asking for tracks, because the descriptions/details are almost identical.

1. Should I submit the same tracks to both listings?
2. Will it be the same screener for both listings?

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Similar/ almost duplicate listings

Post by superkons » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:25 am

I see nothing wrong submitting to very similar listings, I have done that myself.
You may or may not get the same screener, and if you get the same one you may get very different reviews for the same tracks! Again I speak from personal experience
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Similar/ almost duplicate listings

Post by Casey H » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:39 pm

Sometimes it really is the same client but they purposely want the listing split to better categorize for the client, assign screeners, etc. At least I think I read that before. There are also times when the listing wording is very similar but it really is 2 different clients who just happen to be looking for the same types of tracks.

One thing you can do is contact Taxi and ask them if the listings are the same client. They obviously won't tell you who the client is or answer "Is the client Library X?" but last time I had this concern, they did answer the "same client" question. Note that their polices on answering these types of questions are subject to change as they've been burned before by people who used the info in bad ways. But definitely worth a call or email.

As someone else said, it might be good to submit to both listings because the screener and the screening criteria might be different.

Best of luck!
:D Casey