SINGER SONGRWITER - Sure forward, or nah?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jonnycastle

SINGER SONGRWITER - Sure forward, or nah?

Post by jonnycastle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:38 am

Just submitted this track, and I feel like it should be a sure forward but I'd love your feedback! I think the vocal could've been better, but my co-writer and I had one day to write and I had one day to teach the song and produce it so I can't complain too much. Anyways, thanks for checking it out!

The song is called 'It's Complicated'

Y180712SD

STRIPPED-DOWN, SINGER/SONGWRITER SONGS with Female Vocals are needed for an (up-to) $3,000, NON-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor placement in a TV Series on MTV. They’re looking for Mid-Tempo Songs that would fit well on a playlist with the following references: “Night Bus” by Lucy Rose: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Drznf8S3Z4 “Two of Us on the Run” by Lucius: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHXYn9MCa08 NOTE: Although the reference Songs are thematically and topically different from what the Music Supervisor is looking for, please use the references only as a directional guide for the stripped-down style, vibe, and sonic approach that could work for this pitch. Please submit relatively Stripped-Down Songs with an intimate vocal and acoustic guitar, and possibly a tiny complement of other instruments or BKG vocals. Listen carefully to the references to get a good feel for what might work! Be sure your vocal is well performed, with an honest delivery that’s in the general style of the referenced acts. Lyric Tip: They’re looking for lyric themes that revolve around or include words like, “complicated, confusing, mixed up, and figuring things out.” Please avoid references to specific names, dates, times, brands, and profanity in your lyrics. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast quality is needed. The estimated license fee for this use is (up to) $3,000, depending on the ultimate placement. This is a Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor placement, so you’ll keep 100% ownership of your Copyright and Master Recording, plus you’ll also get 100% of the Master License Fee and any applicable performance royalties. You must own or control your Copyright and Master Recording to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Songs you’d like online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis by a TAXI screener - Short critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Thursday, July 12th, 2018. TAXI #Y180712SD

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: SINGER SONGRWITER - Sure forward, or nah?

Post by ttully » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:26 pm

Hey Johnny,

Very nice track....the vox are fine...... don't try to fix and smooth them out..... you may lose the feeling.
This should be a sure forward.

Tim

johnlewitt
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by johnlewitt » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:37 pm

Nice tune.

The deadline's past, but I assume you submitted?

I'd like to hear a mix of the song without the piano - I think it might make it even more emotional.

feaker66
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker66 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:14 pm

Nicely done. I think the vocal not shining thru might hurt on a forward. The acoustic is great, but a little too dominant?? Did you check EQ on that track? Hope for the best for you.

Paul
Thankfully, while growing old is compulsory, growing up remains optional!

https://soundcloud.com/feaker66

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=883613

jonnycastle

Post by jonnycastle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:43 pm

I did submit, and I just got notification that it was forwarded!

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ttully » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:25 pm

Congrats..... I knew it would be forwarded.

Tim