Singer/Songwriter entry; Feedback ?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

rockinrob
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Singer/Songwriter entry; Feedback ?

Post by rockinrob » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:13 am

Stripped down version for entry. Any feedback welcome. Thank You.

https://soundcloud.com/user-787705464/l ... road-entry

rockinrob
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Singer/Songwriter entry; Feedback ?

Post by rockinrob » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:35 am

HEARTFELT A/C POP BALLADS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by the Head of A&R at a Major Publishing Company for several artists that are in need of material for their upcoming albums. Please submit Down-to-Mid-Tempo Songs that could be found on a playlist with the references our client gave us:
Please submit radio-worthy A/C Pop Songs or Ballads that sound like mega-hits! Your well-developed lyrics and melodies should have a modern sound and style that's marketable across multiple radio formats. Songs can be stripped-down with just Piano/Vocal or Guitar/Vocal, or you can go with a fuller production. No matter which you submit, please make sure you have a really strong vocal performance to help get them excited about cutting your song.

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:47 am

rockinrob wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:35 am
HEARTFELT A/C POP BALLADS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by the Head of A&R at a Major Publishing Company for several artists that are in need of material for their upcoming albums. Please submit Down-to-Mid-Tempo Songs that could be found on a playlist with the references our client gave us:
Please submit radio-worthy A/C Pop Songs or Ballads that sound like mega-hits! Your well-developed lyrics and melodies should have a modern sound and style that's marketable across multiple radio formats. Songs can be stripped-down with just Piano/Vocal or Guitar/Vocal, or you can go with a fuller production. No matter which you submit, please make sure you have a really strong vocal performance to help get them excited about cutting your song.
Hey Rob,

Really strong heartfelt vocal. Kind of a Steve Earle "Transcendental Blues" or Tom Petty vibe going on there in your vocal. I like the authenticity!!
But I don't think this is the right listing for this one. Even though you didn't post the reference tracks here.. I think they are looking for something more along the lines of a modern/contemporary hit.
Yours could find many uses in TV/Film I'm sure but I don't think it's right for a listing like this. Sorry!

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

johnlewitt
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by johnlewitt » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:56 am

Yeah, this isn't an A/C Pop Ballad. More Americana IMO.

rockinrob
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockinrob » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:14 am

Ok. Thank you very much

RapperTriggaD1

Post by RapperTriggaD1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:55 am

I felt that this song made me feel like I wanted to walk on my Journey to my Long Road Home which is A good thing This is A very emotional song I really enjoy listening to this song keep up the great work.

rockinrob
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockinrob » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:22 am

Thank you rappa...I'll take that as a good sign. I liked the general theme and how it's a relatable. Thanks for the kind words.