Six Forwards - Americana - S231115UC - Songwriter Pitch

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Six Forwards - Americana - S231115UC - Songwriter Pitch

Post by johnnyrowing » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:46 pm

I am so stunned and happy right now. I just opened "My Profile" and saw 14 notifications, "Your Critique for ____ is ready". I cautiously opened up the view "Feedback on Past Submissions" and saw 6 checkmarks - SIX. :) I double-checked and - yep - Six. :)

Listener 456 gave so much kind, passionate, supportive feedback. I am so grateful . . . stunned. I think of myself as primarily a lyricist. So, the feedback was just so affirming.

Some of the feedback from the forwarded songs:
You Can't Let Me Down
This lyric is really different and very cool!
Very different lyric and a great track! Well done!

Tomorrow it Comes
I really love the simple and strip down your presentations!
Very good well written lyric and presentation Johnny!!

Like You
You've got a very real and raw kind of delivery with your songs!
I like this a lot Johnny! I think these guitar vocals are where you make these songs shine! IMO

When We Walked the Dog
Very interesting title! The way you got there I like a lot!
Really cool song Johnny! Really different!

Done Gone Down to Death
Very dark but in all the right places!!
I love these dark songs! There's a lot of feeling and realness in there.

You're Already Gone
A lot of truth in that first verse!
I'm a fan Johnny! I love the way you put one together! I hope your pitching these to Americana and Sync as well.

Thank you 456 for these forwards and comments and also for the support on the returns too.

The Listing Copy/Paste
COUNTRY/BLUEGRASS/AMERICANA SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a Nashville Producer/Publisher who's pitching and working on Music Row!

They're searching for unique, hit-worthy Songs in all tempos that could sound at home on a playlist with the following references:

"Let's Burn It Down" by Tawnya Reynolds

"Carnival Song" by Jeff Black

"Where Can I Surrender" by Randy Travis

"What If She's An Angel" by Tommy Shane Steiner

Quoting the Client: "I am only interested in Songs with a single, solo writer (no co-writers). I would love to hear the writer singing them, but it is certainly not required. Guitar/vocal only demos are preferred."

They're not as much looking for polished, perfect productions, as much as they're looking for talented Songwriters with great, chart-worthy Songs! Your productions and recording quality still need to be clean, clear, well-balanced, and good enough to represent your Songs well. Mid-to-Up-tempo Songs are typically the most desirable in the Country market, but if you’ve got an awesome, career-making ballads, this Producer/Publisher wants to hear them!

Please submit top-tier Country/Bluegrass/Americana Songs with an authentic, charming sound and style! Your submissions should have catchy melodies, unforgettable choruses, and well-crafted lyrics. Guitar/Vocal demos are preferred, but more filled-out productions are also acceptable. Live instrumentation is suggested, but if you choose to use virtual instruments or samples, please make sure they are high quality and realistic-sounding. Confident and well-performed Male or Female vocals are the way to go.

Stripped-down demos and full productions are both okay to submit, as long as your Songs are great and your recordings are clean, clear, and well-balanced! Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture, and overall vibe.

IMPORTANT: This company is not just looking for a song or two from you. They’re looking to build professional, ongoing relationships with songwriters who are highly committed to working hard, and have the drive and ability to deliver a lot of super strong material.

The specific deal points will be handled on a case-by-case basis between you and the Producer/Publisher. You must own or control the Masters and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. Time permitting, an associate of the Producer/Publisher (who was hand picked by the Publisher and has been trained as a TAXI screener) will screen some or all of the submissions. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Wednesday, November 15th, 2023. TAXI # S231115UC

TAXI # S231115UC

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Six Forwards - Americana - S231115UC - Songwriter Pitch

Post by funsongs » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:18 pm

johnnyrowing wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:46 pm
I am so stunned and happy right now. I double-checked and - yep - Six. :)
HUGE CONGRATS!!
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

rtundo

Post by rtundo » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:44 pm

johnnyrowing wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:46 pm
I am so stunned and happy right now. I just opened "My Profile" and saw 14 notifications, "Your Critique for ____ is ready". I cautiously opened up the view "Feedback on Past Submissions" and saw 6 checkmarks - SIX. :) I double-checked and - yep - Six. :)

Listener 456 gave so much kind, passionate, supportive feedback. I am so grateful . . . stunned. I think of myself as primarily a lyricist. So, the feedback was just so affirming.
That is awesome! Congrats!

That's a great listing too. A lot of potential.

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:23 am

So - freaking - cool!!!! I'm beyond words thrilled for you, Johnny! Told you that snowball would start rolling for you!!

~~Matt

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:22 pm

Good songs, nice voice and guitar sound to suit the listing.

Congrats!!

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Post by johnnyrowing » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:01 pm

Thanks Andy, Andre, and Matt. Pretty special experience to have, one that I want to cling to a bit.

Been checking my email - hoping for that "next step" to happen. Nothing so far. :)

Johnny

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:02 am

I'd like to add my congratulations too Johnny.
As the screener was 'hand-picked by the producer/publisher' that's quite an achievement and puts you in a very good position.
Fingers crossed for more good news from them, and who knows where that might lead?
Best of luck to you! :D
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:09 am

Wow! That's huge, congrats, and well done!

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Post by johnnyrowing » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:02 pm

Thank you Telefunkin and Douglas. :) I appreciate this community. So few folks appreciate how meaningful something like this is. :)
I hope to report even better news soon. :)

Johnny