"skater-punk" - rejected. reasons?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

elser
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: "skater-punk" - rejected. reasons?

Post by elser » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:28 pm

I think this is within inches of being on target but I agree with those that mentioned the tempo thing. Bring it up maybe 4 to 6 ticks. Sounds like there's a spreader or stereo doubler on the rhythm guitar which kind of softens the vibe. I think a more mono approach might be more effective. A little less distortion, hit the strings harder, a little more muting. Hopefully there's something of value to you in there. Elser

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: "skater-punk" - rejected. reasons?

Post by gitarrero » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:00 pm

Quote:I think this is within inches of being on target but I agree with those that mentioned the tempo thing. Bring it up maybe 4 to 6 ticks. Sounds like there's a spreader or stereo doubler on the rhythm guitar which kind of softens the vibe. I think a more mono approach might be more effective. A little less distortion, hit the strings harder, a little more muting. Hopefully there's something of value to you in there. Elserthanks for your feedback. yeah I think that tune is a little too less agressive for this listing.btw: there's no stereo-doubler, the rhythm guitar is simply played twice and panned hard left/right (doubled).
production, composition & stringed instruments