So, who's going for the gold? (Global Auto Giant listing)

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cherbear
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: So, who's going for the gold? (Global Auto Giant listing)

Post by cherbear » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:37 pm

But good job trying vleon! Finish it up anyway, and you'll have a finished piece ready for some upcoming listing that will be similar.
Cher:)

DonaldM
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DonaldM » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:43 pm

Well, my submission for this listing was returned. I kinda thought it might be...but I did find the reason given a little odd..the reviewer checked "stylistically off target". The submission was definitely not any of the styles they specifically said they didn't want, and definitely fell into the "anything goes" category. How can you be stylistically off target when "anything goes"?
Just struck me as a bit odd.

sethlit
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by sethlit » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:44 pm

Yeah, me too. I kinda knew it was a bit off target though. I covered "Ease on Down the Road." I had "lyrics" checked and a comment about not being "inspiring" or "positive" which I do completely agree with. I just kind of thought well...maybe it might work...since it was considered to be "anything goes." But...I do have a solid cover now (which I rarely try) and I plan on submitting it again...when the opportunity arises. I'd like to hear of any forwards though...I like to listen to those who were forwarded while reading the listing again. I figure it's a good learning exercise. Onward to the next one! :D
Seth Littlefield
http://www.SethLittlefield.com
My Taxi Page

Image Image Image

"We seek not rest but transformation.
We are dancing through each other as doorways."
-Marge Piercy

peeyo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by peeyo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:28 am

I had all 3 of my submissions returned. "Music" was the only box checked for all three. So I'm guessing that they didn't quite have the hip, fun sound they were looking for. Haven't seen anybody post a forward on this one yet..........this one was tough!!