Some great new Taxi website features!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

MarkM

Re: Some great new Taxi website features!

Post by MarkM » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:11 pm

Massive Kudos on the new site, it look great.
I'd love to see Colbie at my first Rally.
Not that it would stop me from going if she was too busy but... awesome idea!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:31 pm

CTWF wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:03 pm
Once logged in, listings that expire soon (a day later?) are framed in red. I think that is a new feature as well - very useful!

Tom
Like!!! :D

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:20 am

I noticed it is now possible to see which screener picks up one's submissions before getting the results, I think that is a good thing
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

daftdog

Post by daftdog » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:34 am

Hi Michael - and others on the tech end of the new TAXI front-end.....

You might have answered this elsewhere, but given that it is now possible to upload WAV/AIFF files as well as MP£, do you have any guidance for members about the likely preferred format? I'm happy to start uploading hi-res WAVs but only if they are then easy to handle for both the screeners and, if forwarded, any potential clients to audition....

With thanks and very best wishes,

John

PS like that we can now pay via PayPal also :-)
John Walden
Daft Dog Music

Luciad67

Post by Luciad67 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:57 am

admin wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:40 am
Casey,

We're very much on top of broken stuff as members are reporting it, and I'm afraid if we created a more formal reporting mechanism we'd get far more suggestions for new features than bug reports (which we're getting already). As you well know, there are ALWAYS cool new features that could be added mutuelles entreprise, but at some point, you've got to go with the existing feature set and get THAT up and working well.

After that's launched and stable, and members have had some time to use it, we'll refine even further and add more features. But for now, we've got to stay focused and forge ahead to the finish line. We ARE bringing in groups of staffers from each of the departments who have been giving us operational feedback from the trenches in real time. We're also not a company on the scale of Spotify or any of the Silicon Valley companies that have multi-million dollar budgets and TEAMS of developers for projects like this. I'm determined to deliver seven-figure results with our six-figure budget.

ML
The best thing to do for now is to change the system or at least update it because Windows 7 is no longer current.

lgstarr
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lgstarr » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:09 pm

Casey H wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:11 pm
Hey... Before anyone freaks about the update, remember that all upgrades have some initial bugs. Give the folks a chance to address bug reports over the next few weeks. :shock:

Some of the new features I quickly discovered:
Direct links to your artist profile that work reliably! :D
You can share individual song links to email and social media! :D
You can now upload wav, aif, or mp3s! So high res available! :D
The songs on your profile may appear now in a random order BUT you can select a song as "featured" to put it up top on your profile. I don't know if there is a limit on how many featured songs but cool! :D
You can apply tags (mood, style, etc) to your songs. :D
And much more I haven't even discovered yet! :D

So for me, no grumbling, no complaining... Kudos for the new site!

:D 8-) Casey
Casey, thanks so much for posting this, it really helps!

I'm really happy about the first one--I've had numerous problems when I've sent people my artist profile and one person just gave up completely. THAT has been very frustrating and I just gave up sending it at all.

Love the second one, too, since you get really used to doing that on SoundCloud and it's frustrating not to be able to do that (not everyone wanted to navigate the old way to find one song).

I just signed up for another year and it's nice to have these new tweaks!

--Linda

jacreeve

Post by jacreeve » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:11 am

I like the new website - great job, TAXI team! It's much more intuitive.

A quick question - I notice that after I've made a submission there's an Edit button that now allows changes, and that edit screen includes a button to upload a replacement audio file. Does that mean that this is the only way to change the audio file that actually gets reviewed? I.e. that changing the audio file on the main artist profile has no effect for submissions that have already been made?

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:18 am

jacreeve wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:11 am
I like the new website - great job, TAXI team! It's much more intuitive.

A quick question - I notice that after I've made a submission there's an Edit button that now allows changes, and that edit screen includes a button to upload a replacement audio file. Does that mean that this is the only way to change the audio file that actually gets reviewed? I.e. that changing the audio file on the main artist profile has no effect for submissions that have already been made?
Good question, one you'd have to ask Taxi directly. Does that replacement audio for the submission also replace the one on your artist page? And does it work the other way around? It may be that once review has begun, that edit option goes away? I haven't tried any of this since the new website, so I have no experience with it. Drop an email to customerservice at taxi dot com and see what they say.

:D Casey

jacreeve

Post by jacreeve » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:56 pm

Thanks Casey, will email and see what they say. I'll post any useful nuggets back here!