Some recent successes

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Some recent successes

Post by matto » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:18 am

Looks like I haven't posted in here in a while...so here's a little update:On the TV side, recent placements include 3 on "Ugly Betty" (ABC), and one each on "Veronica Mars" (CW) "Prison Break" (FOX) and "Medium" (NBC);Cable TV included reality shows such as "Hogan Knows Best" (CMT/VH1), a ton of placements on MTV's "Tiara Girls" ( ), plus one each in the Lifetime original movies "Honeymoon With Mom" (love that title ) and "Carolina Moon".Oprah has also been good to me, as I've had about 90 placements in the 1st quarter of 2006 which just ended.As far as movies, I recently had a (short) placement in Chris Rock's "I Think I Love My Wife" (FOX Searchlight), and I have music in two movies opening this week: 2 songs in Ice Cube's "Are We Done Yet" (Columbia Pictures) - no screen credit though...grrr - and one in the new limited release indie comedy "The TV Set" (Think Films), starring Sigourney Weaver and David Duchovny.So...uhm...happy birthday to me All of this is a direct or indirect result of my Taxi membership...matto

bc
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Some recent successes

Post by bc » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:25 am

Kickin' butt dude. Keep it up and I'll have two heroes named "HIRT"best,bc

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:50 am

Fantastic, Matto! The fact that you are successful and still take a lot of your time to help so many others makes you a very special person.Happy birthday again and thanks for everything. Casey

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:03 am

Yeah Matt!Very inspirational. We all appreciate your straight ahead feedback and knowledge. It certainly comes from experience!!Congratulations and Happy Birthday again!John
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:54 am

Quote:Looks like I haven't posted in here in a while...so here's a little update:On the TV side, recent placements include 3 on "Ugly Betty" (ABC), and one each on "Veronica Mars" (CW) "Prison Break" (FOX) and "Medium" (NBC);Cable TV included reality shows such as "Hogan Knows Best" (CMT/VH1), a ton of placements on MTV's "Tiara Girls" ( ), plus one each in the Lifetime original movies "Honeymoon With Mom" (love that title ) and "Carolina Moon".Oprah has also been good to me, as I've had about 90 placements in the 1st quarter of 2006 which just ended.As far as movies, I recently had a (short) placement in Chris Rock's "I Think I Love My Wife" (FOX Searchlight), and I have music in two movies opening this week: 2 songs in Ice Cube's "Are We Done Yet" (Columbia Pictures) - no screen credit though...grrr - and one in the new limited release indie comedy "The TV Set" (Think Films), starring Sigourney Weaver and David Duchovny.So...uhm...happy birthday to me All of this is a direct or indirect result of my Taxi membership...mattoHappy Birthday, Matt!and congrats on the placements - you deserve it!warmlyVikki
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:20 pm

Sounds like you probably don't get too many returns anymore, Matt.So will all those Oprah cues disappear from activity after a while, or will you have the oppotunity to pitch them to others when Oprah is through with them?Is Oprah the kind of show that does much in re-run business? Seems like shows that profile current events wouldn't have much success in re-runs.

gen5020
Active
Active

Post by gen5020 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:11 pm

Way to go Matt! You continue to be my inspiration! Dave

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:21 pm

Quote:So will all those Oprah cues disappear from activity after a while, or will you have the oppotunity to pitch them to others when Oprah is through with them?I can answer this one from my own experience: Once a piece is sent to Oprah, it becomes hers. It's a work for hire agreement. Once it goes to her it becomes "non-re-pitchable".Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

jbeck
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jbeck » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:39 pm

Quote:Quote:So will all those Oprah cues disappear from activity after a while, or will you have the oppotunity to pitch them to others when Oprah is through with them?I can answer this one from my own experience: Once a piece is sent to Oprah, it becomes hers. It's a work for hire agreement. Once it goes to her it becomes "non-re-pitchable".MazzWould Oprah have it any other way???

jbeck
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jbeck » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:42 pm

When it rains it pours, right Matt? Glad you're having great success with your music..