We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Horacemix
Impressive
Impressive

Song for 1970's or 1980's-Style NEW WAVE ROCK SONGS

Post by Horacemix » Wed May 05, 2021 7:01 am

Hello everybody!
As usual, I come here looking for your opinion.
I wonder if this song is 80's enough to be pitched to this listing. What should I correct in the mix and overall sound according to your criteria to make this one sonically appropriate to that era?

Although the song is currently for sale on a lot of music platforms I have complete control of this, so I can take it down in case I get an exclusive deal for this song. Is it possible to do that, isn't it? I mean, the clients won't refuse the song because it was published independently, will they?

https://youtu.be/zJpxEoYo1_M

Thank you in advance!
Kind regards
ORIGINAL 1970's or 1980's-Style NEW WAVE ROCK SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by an Indie Label with Major Distribution. This client is currently on the hunt for Songs to include in one of their incredibly popular compilations!

NOTE: We previously ran a similar request as TAXI Listing #S210319NW, but the Label didn't find what they were looking for. If you submitted to listing #S210319NW, please send different material this time around. Please read this Listing carefully for tips on how to nail this request!

This Label is looking for original Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs that could be found on a playlist with the following references we got directly from them:

"My Best Friend's Girl" by The Cars

"One Way Or Another" by Blondie

"What I Like About You" by The Romantics

"Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benatar

This Record Label would prefer to hear original vintage pieces that actually date back to the 1970's and 1980's, and the sound quality must be reasonably good. They will also consider recent recordings; however, they must authentically sound like they were recorded around the same time as the references. They’re not looking for in-the-box Pro Tools Projects that sound like they were recorded recently. They want to hear a Raw and Real performance by authentic musicians.

IMPORTANT: This Label is NOT looking for Synth-based tracks à la Gary Numan and Devo. They ONLY want to hear Guitar-driven tracks – listen closely to the references to really get an idea of what they want to hear!

Please send top-notch Rock Songs that sound like they're straight out of the New Wave era in the 1970's and 1980's. Your submissions should have great rhythms, catchy melodies, excellent musicianship, and lots of fun energy. Typical New Wave-style, Guitar-driven instrumentation will suit your submissions best, and your production should be high-quality. Well-performed, authentic-sounding vocals are required for this pitch.

Universal lyrics that avoid references to specific names, dates, times, and brands would be optimal for this pitch. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. If you're submitting vintage recordings, the sound quality is not expected to be on par with today’s broadcast quality! Era-appropriate Broadcast Quality will work just fine.

The deal points will be negotiated directly with the Label on a song-by-song basis. Please submit as many Songs as you like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened by a TAXI Screener who has a strong relationship with the Record Label Owner. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Wednesday, May 26th, 2021. TAXI # S210526WV
Observation is the raw material for creation...
https://soundcloud.com/horacemix

swdaze
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Song for 1970's or 1980's-Style NEW WAVE ROCK SONGS

Post by swdaze » Thu May 06, 2021 11:36 pm

Hello!

I don't think it's a good fit for this listing. The tracks provided lean toward heavier driving guitar tunes. Nice track.

Geo
A square peg can be an elegant solution to a round hole

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri May 07, 2021 4:27 am

Nothing like the references IMHO

Horacemix
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Horacemix » Fri May 07, 2021 4:27 am

swdaze wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:36 pm
Hello!

I don't think it's a good fit for this listing. The tracks provided lean toward heavier driving guitar tunes. Nice track.

Geo
Hello!
Thank you!
Observation is the raw material for creation...
https://soundcloud.com/horacemix