with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Song/recording evaluation for broadcast quality

Post by gitanosoy » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:49 am

Hi Michael,

It looks like you have descent enough gear to record but sorry man you just have to get better at capturing a good sound if you mic your guitar. As for timing. yes the arpeggio picking is not in time and the lead/melody has a lot of mistakes and needs to be polished.

As for the other one FASTY you already admit that the timing is off.

May I ask which make of classical guitar you own?

michelJean2020nov

Post by michelJean2020nov » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:11 am

gitanosoy wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:49 am
Hi Michael,

It looks like you have descent enough gear to record but sorry man you just have to get better at capturing a good sound if you mic your guitar. As for timing. yes the arpeggio picking is not in time and the lead/melody has a lot of mistakes and needs to be polished.

As for the other one FASTY you already admit that the timing is off.

May I ask which make of classical guitar you own?
My classical guitar is an Aria. The picking part was done with the Audio-technica ATM450. The melody uses a very old scale, a style that is not current. So it is off on purpose. Thanks for your feedback!

RTippo

Post by RTippo » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:03 pm

Hey All,

I am new to Taxi & looking at whether I sign up or not. I want to keep control of where my music goes if I get placed so Taxi seems a great option for me.

I have a question that I hope you guys could help me with. I am new to recording music and want to know whether my stuff is broadcast quality. Before I sign up I need to work out whether I have music that is good enough in terms of broadcast quality. Any feedback positive/negative is really welcome. I want to learn.

Here is a link to one of my songs. Thanks guys

https://soundcloud.com/user-882058100/p ... 8E6rtKfhVi

Rhys

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:55 am

RTippo wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:03 pm
Hey All,

I am new to Taxi & looking at whether I sign up or not. I want to keep control of where my music goes if I get placed so Taxi seems a great option for me.

I have a question that I hope you guys could help me with. I am new to recording music and want to know whether my stuff is broadcast quality. Before I sign up I need to work out whether I have music that is good enough in terms of broadcast quality. Any feedback positive/negative is really welcome. I want to learn.

Rhys
Man that's a beautiful song, really nice. If you are new to recording and you did that then I am sure we will hear about your fast success story soon.

Good luck.

RTippo

Post by RTippo » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:04 am

gitanosoy wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:55 am
RTippo wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:03 pm
Hey All,

Rhys
Man that's a beautiful song, really nice. If you are new to recording and you did that then I am sure we will hear about your fast success story soon.

Good luck.
Thanks Gitanosoy. I had some assistance finalising the production but the vocal was recorded using a pretty cheap mic and home studio so appreciate the feedback.