Songs

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

dtryner

Songs

Post by dtryner » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:36 am

Hi,If you have nothing else planned please consider having a listen to a couple of my songs/ballads. It would be much appreciated.If interested please go to:http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/davet ... anks,David

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Songs

Post by Casey H » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:00 am

Quote:Hi,If you have nothing else planned please consider having a listen to a couple of my songs/ballads. It would be much appreciated.If interested please go to:http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/davet ... ,DavidDamn! I was going to defrost my freezer or clean my closets today... LOL... I'll try to come back and listen soon.... Casey

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:33 pm

I liked'em. Especially "No One Will Ever." My guess is they are demo not broadcast quality. I would be interested to hear what the more experienced members have to say about that.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:22 am

DavidYour songs sound really nice. I see you are more of a non-performing songwriter. In the country genre, it's incredibly tough. (It ain't a cakewalk in the other genres LOL).Can you tell us more about your goal and how you are going after it? If you identify one song and post (or link to) the lyrics, many of us on the board here will give you feedback on the song and in the context of your goal.Regards,Casey

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:33 am

I thought the music was a little sparse, but it really depends on what you're aiming for. If you are pitching songs and not yourself, then there are some opportunities that will listen to these. I think they may have a chance with some country outfits.I thought some of the actual songs were a pretty good basis and had the scope to be turned into a polished result. Some of your words are good too. The one thing I noticed was that your vocal timing was pretty good, with one exception where you rushed to get too many words into one line. That could help you write some great songs in the future. Some people spend years trying to perfect that, and some of those never achieve it.I reckon you should try a bit of collaborating with some other musicians on Taxi. They could benefit from some of your natural skills, and you of course, will benefit from theirs.
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

jbeck
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jbeck » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:35 pm

Out of all your songs posted the one "How Does It Feel" stood out to me most.It seemed to have a smooth melody, lyrics were pretty good except when it came to the end of the chorus - these words seemed to stand out like a sore thumb: "How does it feel, Then I'll know what to expect if it comes to me."For a brief moment the song seemed to lose the melodic strength it had been projecting..seemed to lose something there.But I really like the melody of it. Definitely has potential.Good Luck!!!jbeck