Songs with 'killer' hooks

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Songs with 'killer' hooks

Post by jchitty » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:44 pm

A few people have said to me that the words in the verse of a song really don't matter that much, that no one remembers most of them anyway...that a 'killer hook' in the chorus is what sells a song, and a good or bad song can become a hit....because people will always remember the hook, no matter what....a hook stays in your mind and makes you remember the song for years to come. Anyone care to list a song they think has the best killer hooks ever recorded? Here's a list of mine:1. "867-5309, eight six seven five three oh ninyein....8675309..." From "Jenny,"Tommy and the Tu-Tones."2. "I got you babe...," Sonny and Cher3. "Stop in the name of love...", The Supremes4. "Lord, I was born a rambling man", The Allman Brothers.5. By the time I get to Phoenix, she'll be rising..." Glen Campbell, songwriter, Jimmy Webb6. "Jeremy spoke in class today..." Pearl Jam7. "I'm so lonesome, I could cry..." Hank Williams Sr.8. "She a brickhouse...," The Commodores9. "What if God was one of us..." (sorry, forgot the artist)10. "Girls just wanna have fun, oh girls just wanna have fun"...Cyndi Lauper11. "I can't get no, satisfaction..." The Rolling Stones12, "Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away." The BeatlesThis a short list, can still think of lots more.