Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

arska
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Sports opportunities

Post by arska » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:39 pm

Hi.

In one of the Taxi TV shows there was discussion between Michael and 2 of the "6-figure" members about using music in sports series and related spots on TV. One of the 6 figure members did comment (can't find the show and person now) that his most popular track has been one that was used in sports shows but it has generated only pennies. And that is because of the nature of the deal that usually are agreed with these kind of deals.

Any comments and experiences from others?

Reason I wanted to take this up is the listing that I found below... I'd like to contribute it but that Taxi TV show encourages otherwise. I try to find that particular show still, there is so many of them in Taxi YouTube channel....

---

EPIC ORCHESTRAL-Based INSTRUMENTAL CUES with some Hip-Hop Flavor are needed by a successful Music Library that’s currently building a new catalog, [highlight]specifically for Sports TV programming![/highlight]

They’re on the hunt for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that have the general style and vibe of the following references they gave us:

Reference #1

Reference #2

Please submit rhythmically and melodically engaging Instrumental Cues that combine high-quality Orchestral sounds with modern Hip-Hop elements and beats. Your Instrumental Cues should be able to support sports-related content such as (but not limited to) highlight reels, on-air promos, and sports-related TV Commercials.

Build your Cues around a central melodic idea and add and subtract instruments as your Cues progress to create dynamics, and forward momentum (and to keep things from getting too linear or repetitive.) Please be sure any Virtual Instruments/Samples you use are current-sounding and of high quality.

Quoting the Music Library: “We need Instrumental Cues that have intensity, drive, energy, and attitude.”

All submissions should be at least 2 minutes long. Solid edit points and buttoned/stinger endings are encouraged. Please do not copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

NOTE: This company is still fairly new to requesting music from TAXI's members, which means that you're probably not in their catalog yet! This is a great chance to get in early and build a new relationship.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Instrumental Cues you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share and the Library will keep 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Masters and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Monday, September 2nd, 2019. TAXI #Y190902RL

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Sports opportunities

Post by ttully » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:34 am

Hi Arska,

I have done a lot of sports type tracks.
My deals are the same as for any other track.... 50% for me and 50% for the publisher.
They pay about as much (at least for me) as anything else..... not much.... a dollar or 2 when they are played.

UNLESS you get one they CONSTANTLY play on FOX or other sports network.... (especially if you get the theme track for a sports show that is on constantly).
Those can make middle 5 figure incomes.....BUT THEY ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO GET!!!!! (I originally put 6 figure income...but I meant 5 figure income)

My 2 cents,
Tim
Last edited by ttully on Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Sports opportunities

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:00 pm

It's all a bit random, you never know what's going to be a Unicorn...just keep cranking them out...Write , Submit, Forget , Repeat....One of them will be your Golden Goose eventually.

Mark