SPORTS ROCK INSTRUMENTAL CUES - Feedback =)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradGray
Impressive
Impressive

Re: SPORTS ROCK INSTRUMENTAL CUES - Feedback =)

Post by BradGray » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:32 am

JonathanE wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:33 pm
Cool! Do you have an updated link?
Absolutely!

The finished track is: 21st Fight

That said it was politely rejected, but that's okay. I knew sending it in with the keyboard sound was a bit risky, but I've heard the score use that kind of sound in their other tracks. The other references provided, and production styles were very different to that of the Score, but I certainly could have made it heavier too.

The feedback was fine overall, nothing I'm disappointed about. They did comment, "Song instrument sounds or samples sound dated or of a lower quality", but those sounds were quite deliberate actually, again to match the tonal quality (and massive 'verb) of the score... so that one I do disagree with. The score has a very distorted, ambient, rolled off low's kind of big-ish sound, so that's what I was shooting for. It was also mentioned, "Good build up to the resolve" and "It could use a better developmental arc" which is somewhat confusing, but I'm taking it as I still need to make it much stronger build up and release, than it currently has.

Overall I was pleased with the track I created. I will likely turn around and do an altered version, and perhaps kill the keys and add more guitars, in case it comes up again.

Cheers,
Brad

JonathanE
Impressive
Impressive

Re: SPORTS ROCK INSTRUMENTAL CUES - Feedback =)

Post by JonathanE » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:42 am

BradGray wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:32 am
JonathanE wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:33 pm
Cool! Do you have an updated link?
Absolutely!

The finished track is: 21st Fight

That said it was politely rejected, but that's okay. I knew sending it in with the keyboard sound was a bit risky, but I've heard the score use that kind of sound in their other tracks. The other references provided, and production styles were very different to that of the Score, but I certainly could have made it heavier too.

The feedback was fine overall, nothing I'm disappointed about. They did comment, "Song instrument sounds or samples sound dated or of a lower quality", but those sounds were quite deliberate actually, again to match the tonal quality (and massive 'verb) of the score... so that one I do disagree with. The score has a very distorted, ambient, rolled off low's kind of big-ish sound, so that's what I was shooting for. It was also mentioned, "Good build up to the resolve" and "It could use a better developmental arc" which is somewhat confusing, but I'm taking it as I still need to make it much stronger build up and release, than it currently has.

Overall I was pleased with the track I created. I will likely turn around and do an altered version, and perhaps kill the keys and add more guitars, in case it comes up again.

Cheers,
Brad
Yes, definitely hold onto it and make it better for the next go around. I also thought my track had a pretty great "developmental arc", but i guess not good enough! Oh well. :D
“He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.”
https://www.taxi.com/members/jonathane
jonathan@earthenmusic.com