Stealing Cinderella

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hookstownbrown
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Stealing Cinderella

Post by hookstownbrown » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:58 pm

Everybody in Nashville is looking for those same old themes, but they want frresh perspectives on those familiar themes.She ran off with a fella named Jack...I hope he don't bring her back!Hehhehheh...

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by silvercord » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:55 pm

yahoo!~ how would you like your head knocked off? is justwhat the country doctor ordered! so much promise in that line!

hookstownbrown
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by hookstownbrown » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:36 pm

Nothing personal, dude... The orbital cowboy thing was just too much for me... Us redneck songwriters are just too attached to relatable reality. I tried to listen to your music but got an error in WMP...

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:38 pm

Right, Ed, dog not only has to be in there, does it deserve a category? Old Shep.....then what was there? Me And You And A Dog named Boo? The dog often gets a bit part, and once in a while the role of leading...uh...canine. A common prop and character.

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by silvercord » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:11 pm

Hookstown..yeah i dont know why there are so many peoplethat cant stream my stuff..very frustrating: (A friend says it may be windoze media player, i have used winampfor since i can remember...anywho...I read your post..you severed in S. Korea...very cool!i'd love to read about your adventures here; ) im sure you havelots to tell~our band plays in Itaewon just about every weekend~its def. an interesting spot here in Korea...

paulhb

Post by paulhb » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:11 pm

That song is a slam dunk. i have made a personal vow to myself to punch chad wicks in the throat if I ever meet him. He has teared me up waaaayyy ttooo often. Great song.

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:33 pm

I like the song a lot, great craft work.I didn't like the part in the video where he's in that weird room with the candles and hanging photos. Too abstract for me. But that doesn't reflect on the song, still a great song.

hookstownbrown
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by hookstownbrown » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:47 pm

Yeah, Chuck Wicks sure wrote a doozie there!!! silvercord,Yeah, I've got stories about Korea that would fill a book. Itaewon was a regular hangout for us.When you see the Blackhawks with the yellow stripes and the red cross on white-colored squares flying overhead, you can bet that I probably flew on that helicopter. My oldest son is an army medic -- headed for Afghanistan on April 24... I keep tabs on all things military.

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by silvercord » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:02 pm

Got it Hookstown~Our band plays for bases all the time(as our drummer and singer serve in the air force)((but im just the token long haired hippie), had our new years showat Kunsan..best place to play..and fun to get out of Seoul...we play at Osan, and dongdaechon as wellhave you hever been to Kwang Ju?man i love that place...favorite place to play!tell me some of yur fav. places that youve hung out!peace from the eastAnd i wish your son the best!

hookstownbrown
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by hookstownbrown » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:04 pm

Nomi! Howzitgoin' my friend! Glad to see you chimin' in...That song was indeed perfectly crafted. I think of how much time he must have put into that one... Over the years, I've learned that very few songwriters realize that a great song can involve hundreds of hours of writing and rewriting.