Stealing Cinderella

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Stealing Cinderella

Post by horacejesse » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:34 pm

IMHO this song has everything that would grab a Taxi screener. A tremendous song that some consider a reprise of I Loved Her First, it has structure, is loaded with imagery and tells a clear story.It is similar to I loved Her First because of subject matter, but I believe the song stands on its own. Had it been sent in by a Taxi member I think the song would have gotten basically the same warm reception from the screeners and Michael as Parks' song did.Check it out to hear just about everything the Taxi screeners are always asking you for.

hookstownbrown
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Stealing Cinderella

Post by hookstownbrown » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:43 pm

Well, thankfully, we have emerged from the "Angel in Heaven" song phase and are moving into the "Daddy say goodbye to your little girl" phase. Get ready and start writing for the "Perfect -- dysfunctional marriage" phase... It's on the way...

diamondacn
Active
Active

Post by diamondacn » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:43 am

Quote:Well, thankfully, we have emerged from the "Angel in Heaven" song phase and are moving into the "Daddy say goodbye to your little girl" phase. Get ready and start writing for the "Perfect -- dysfunctional marriage" phase... It's on the way... ha ha hookstown thats the truth!... there must have been 900 songs at the same time written about angels and miracles that were on country radio a while back...now we are at???i dunno

hookstownbrown
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by hookstownbrown » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:12 pm

Who really knows what's next... Maybe Chits has the inside track?I'm going to write a whiskey-drinkin', hell-bound train, cheatin' song, and a cowboy astronaut-on-the-internet song just to cover my bases...

momof4
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by momof4 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:24 am

okay, horacejesse, i, for one, LOVE the song "stealing cinderella"...i think it's BRILLIANT, and it gets me every time. SO...just wanted you to know i'm with ya on this one. erin

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:15 am

Hook your scenario is incomplete. You still need a dog in it (a good dog).
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by silvercord » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:38 pm

YES! being a space rock fan..and reading the posts about hooktown...how about we have more space cowboy stuffand im not talking Steve Miller..hmmmm!'its been lonely as heck here in earth orbit 7.... (next line anyone?^^)have a great weekend all!

hookstownbrown
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by hookstownbrown » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:18 pm

Seoul, SK...Sae Gook Dong... Itaewon... Been there, and all the way from Cheju Do to Pan Mun Jom... Yeah, ex-military. I flew all over that country. Along the DMZ, the North had missile lock on us constantly. Not a good place to foster creativity... At least in 1987... I spent lots of time at Camp Casey and Seoul Air Base... Then there were the parties at Osan AFB...'its been lonely as heck here in earth orbit 7.... Wishin' I could find a space-based Seven-Eleven... An ice-cold six of space beer...This is feeling too gay for this hombre... Sorry...

hookstownbrown
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by hookstownbrown » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:17 pm

So anyway...All gala aside... Are we done with that? I hope...There are about five songs on recent or current charts with 'daddy's girl' themes... Those themes are big now...So... do you write a daddy's girl song now, or do you ignore that fact and write from your heart with a fresh subject?They say to write for radio...

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:56 am

I don't think there are very many themes for country songs when you distill them down to the essence. I mean serious ones, the ones that are actually used.How many Gunsmoke episodes did they make using no more than a dozen plots?Can we even come up with a dozen legitimate country themes? Maybe. I mean some are just universal.I will take Hook's idea and run with it.1. Daddy's little Girl2. I Love My Woman/Wife, She's The Best3. I Don't Love My Woman/Wife, She's The Beast4. Mamma And Daddy5. Striking Out On My Own6. War7. Jesus And God8. I Like Booze But It Don't Like Me9. She/He Busted My Heart10. All About Being Hicks and How It's The Best11. Love Your Country Right Or Wrong12. How Would You Like Your Head Knocked OffWhat did I leave out?