stroke

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: stroke

Post by Len911 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:19 pm

thank you linda and Anne! I almost forgot, I did spend about a week working on my mom's computer. I ended up cleaning it, adding a bigger ssd, replaced the power supply and replaced a small case fan, all one-handed,lol! I had to have my mom's help on some things, which was a little frustrating, she doesn't wear her hearing aids. and trying to explain something to someone that your hands and fingers would have before been instinctual is difficult.
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

lgstarr
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lgstarr » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:27 pm

Len911 wrote:thank you linda and Anne! I almost forgot, I did spend about a week working on my mom's computer. I ended up cleaning it, adding a bigger ssd, replaced the power supply and replaced a small case fan, all one-handed,lol! I had to have my mom's help on some things, which was a little frustrating, she doesn't wear her hearing aids. and trying to explain something to someone that your hands and fingers would have before been instinctual is difficult.
I can only imagine what you've been up to since your last post :-)

This is really inspiring, so just HAD to share!! (But, please, I do NOT know why the "O" in "our" is not capitalized!!)
https://www.thepostemail.com/2018/07/18 ... flictions/

Hoping you are still on the mend,
--Linda

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by Len911 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:52 am

hey Linda!

Well I've been working on putting drum samples into a sampler. It's a lot more work than I thought it would be! :lol:
Especially when I need my left finger to hold the shift key down while the right fingers click the mouse to make multiple selections. Therapy I suppose.
I'm not looking for a miracle, and don't expect a healing, and I'm not going to spend 10 hrs a day in therapy either,lol! I think the practical theory is the one I'll settle for. I'm better at using my left hand and fingers than I once was, I manage to hold the chip bag and place a clip on it, and hold the can opener steadier while my right fingers turn the cutter. In a real pinch, I can even open a door knob. I suppose if I wanted to enter the special olympics I'd do the 10 hr therapy days, but I'm not interested, and also not interested in a spot on the evening news for over coming adversity! :lol:
As long as cripples are still welcomed in heaven, I don't think I'll worry over it. So Linda how have you been?

lgstarr
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lgstarr » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:51 pm

Len911 wrote:hey Linda!

Well I've been working on putting drum samples into a sampler. It's a lot more work than I thought it would be! :lol:
Especially when I need my left finger to hold the shift key down while the right fingers click the mouse to make multiple selections. Therapy I suppose.
I'm not looking for a miracle, and don't expect a healing, and I'm not going to spend 10 hrs a day in therapy either,lol! I think the practical theory is the one I'll settle for. I'm better at using my left hand and fingers than I once was, I manage to hold the chip bag and place a clip on it, and hold the can opener steadier while my right fingers turn the cutter. In a real pinch, I can even open a door knob. I suppose if I wanted to enter the special olympics I'd do the 10 hr therapy days, but I'm not interested, and also not interested in a spot on the evening news for over coming adversity! :lol:
As long as cripples are still welcomed in heaven, I don't think I'll worry over it. So Linda how have you been?
Well, first of all, I'd suggest an electric can opener...

As for me, my husband had foot surgery today and can't do ANYTHING for at least a month and my 11-year old cat got sick (for the first time in her life) and had been vomiting and having diarrhea everywhere lately, so I've been repeatedly laundering the bedspread and sheets and even stuff inside our laundry basket and, of course, the floors and even inside the litter box. I have to give her prednisolone twice a day via eyedropper which is hell with a cat--or at least this cat--and Tuesday must take her in for a 6-week series of B-12 shots, plus I'm also going to pay a lot more for an antibiotic injection so I don't have to keep giving her an additional liquid...and now we have to start buying her food from the vet which will be more expensive ongoing and I have to always drive there to get it. The two dogs don't quite get why everybody is sick!!

However, I am grateful that I have decent transportation, a home, and--with some stretching--enough money to take care of all these things...plus the ability to be mobile!!

As for heaven, would love to join you someday in whatever manner that might entail :-)

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by Len911 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:07 pm

Linda, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate! That's gonna suck not being mobile for a month! Pet food has gotten more expensive than meat around here. We have just one little dog now, and I buy pork loin when it's on sale for $1.48 a lb. and chicken breast when it's on sale for $.79 a lb, and share my bacon. I cook more for the dog than anyone. I'm not sure what cats eat, I'd probably just stock up on tuna or mackeral or chicken when it's on sale and feed that and milk? We used to have an undercounter can opener, and I used to think that the old fashioned manual ones worked better before I had my stroke. While I was in the hospital it went out, my dad bought 2 different electric can openers from Walmart and returned them both and bought a manual, they didn't work very well at all.