with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Strumming Guitar VST

Post by MBantle » Sat May 15, 2021 4:17 pm

Dear All!
For drafting purposes only I am looking for a bread and butter 'VST' that imitates a strumming guitar - especially for Latin stuff (bossa etc.). I own all the NI stuff but none of those have a classic strumming pattern for that genre out of the box.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Cheers,
Matt

RPaul
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Strumming Guitar VST

Post by RPaul » Mon May 17, 2021 1:44 pm

MBantle wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 4:17 pm
For drafting purposes only I am looking for a bread and butter 'VST' that imitates a strumming guitar - especially for Latin stuff (bossa etc.). I own all the NI stuff but none of those have a classic strumming pattern for that genre out of the box.
When you mention "all the NI stuff" are you including their Session Guitarist series in that? For example, I could have sworn Session Guitarist - Strummed Acoustic 2 had some Latin styles mixed in.

As for others, you might check out the UJAM Virtual Guitarist products. I believe they all have limited time demos to be able to check them out before plunking money down, and then you can see if the many styles each contains will do what you need. (And I know some of those have Latin styles, though I don't know about specific styles, and I don't really know enough about specific styles to judge them, in any case.) AMBER is their steel string acoustic and is mostly strummed. SILK is a nylon string acoustic and is mostly arpeggios and such. SPARKLE is a Strat, and a combination of strumming and licks. Might possibly have something applicable if electric is needed. The others (CARBON and IRON) probably wouldn't be applicable for this style.

Another possibility might be various products in the "Real" series (e.g. RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLPC, etc.) series from MusicLab. I mainly use them for playing leads, but they also have big libraries of strumming patterns in various styles, and it would not surprise me if they have a range of Latin styles within those. One thing to note on those products is that the electric guitars need to be used in conjunction with amp simulators (whereas the UJAM stuff has the amps and such built in, whether you want it or not, and the NI stuff also has amps built in, though you can bypass them).

Those are the ones I can think of that I have that might possibly fit.

Rick