Studio Fried!?

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Studio Fried!?

Post by ernstinen » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:01 pm

Oh No! I thought an important component of my studio fried today! I was getting serious distortion, and feared it was my prized vintage Marantz amp that was giving up the ghost. To be sure it wasn't an input into my Soundcraft board, I plugged in the phones and --- no distortion. Yikes! It MUST be the amp! Serious bummer. What else could it be?Checked all the cables --- Nope. Everything O.K. Soloed all inputs --- levels hot, but normal.Then a little voice said "Check your speaker wires." I examined my Switchcraft A/B speaker switching box, and, AHA! A speaker wire had come loose. Got out the screwdriver, made a good connection --- problem solved.Sometimes it's the little things! Your reporter,Ern

og
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Studio Fried!?

Post by og » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:14 pm

Don't bother with the lottery ticket, Ern, you've used up your luck for the week!

kouly
Impressive
Impressive

Post by kouly » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:35 pm

How much was that monitor switcher? I have been looking for one and it seems that most are over 500. Thanks

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:45 am

Quote:How much was that monitor switcher? I have been looking for one and it seems that most are over 500. ThanksI actually mentioned a speaker switcher --- But on the computer side of things, I just bought another LCD monitor and got rid of a monitor switcher that constantly gave me problems. It was nowhere near $500, so maybe you get what you pay for! Ern