Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Submitting a better mix of the same track

Post by BradleyHagen » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:00 am

Hi Folks!
Quick question..... I submitted a track for a listing that is due here on Saturday 2/3, and just now realized that I need to shave off some low end on the bass guitar after listening to it in my truck yesterday.... I feel that it is a strong submission, but am afraid of a return over this very issue. Is there a way to upload the remixed track and submit it again without paying the $5.00?? Or confusing the screeners with another version of the same track?? If I have to resubmit and pay the $5.00, what should I name it as?? V2?? Can I withdraw the original version??
Thanks in advance!
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Submitting a better mix of the same track

Post by AlanHall » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:19 am

IF (and that's a big 'if'!) the edit button is still available on your 'pending submissions' page, you can directly upload the revision and it gets attached to the submission. If the screener has already downloaded the track, the edit button will be missing. I'd think that with more than a few hours to go before the deadline, that the edit is still available.

You may also want to edit the track on your member page, but it DOES NOT automatically update the submission's file. I learned that the hard way :oops:

If the edit button is missing, rather than submitting another version and another $5, I'd suggest contacting TAXI about options. Especially with days to go before the deadline.

Good luck!

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:23 am

Yeah, the edit button is already gone..... I guess that I am just going to submit it again as a "version 2" and pay the 5 bucks to be on the safe side..... Next time I will check my mix in my truck first! I have Slate VSX, which has models of an SUV audio system, but it isn't always spot on! lol

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:56 am

BradleyHagen wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:23 am
Yeah, the edit button is already gone..... I guess that I am just going to submit it again as a "version 2" and pay the 5 bucks to be on the safe side..... Next time I will check my mix in my truck first! I have Slate VSX, which has models of an SUV audio system, but it isn't always spot on! lol
Probably the best option. But I will say that most of these minor tweaks we worry about end up having no bearing on forward or return. Good luck though!

:D Casey

StarkContrast

Post by StarkContrast » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:32 pm

I had this happen recently. Contact support. What they will do is cancel your original submission and put a 5-dollar credit on your account. Then you can resubmit with the new mix. Can't do this once submission time has passed, but if it is before the window, they will do that for you.

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:57 am

Thank you everybody - I didn't want to hassle with Support, so I just removed the original track altogether from TAXI, which cancelled the actual submission - uploaded the remixed version, and paid the 5 bucks and re-submitted.. Next time I will do a better job of checking my mix!

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:12 am

BradleyHagen wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:57 am
... removed the original track altogether from TAXI, which cancelled the actual submission...
How does that work? Did you get some kind of confirmation? Inquiring minds want to know ;)

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:31 am

Get a pair of Slate VSX headphones then you can listen to it in a virtual SUV from your DAW

Pvgeldrop
Active
Active

Post by Pvgeldrop » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:09 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:31 am
Get a pair of Slate VSX headphones then you can listen to it in a virtual SUV from your DAW
Hoping/planning to get myself a pair of the VSX headphones at the end of the month, I've heard a lot of good things about them.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:07 am

Pvgeldrop wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:09 am
cosmicdolphin wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:31 am
Hoping/planning to get myself a pair of the VSX headphones at the end of the month, I've heard a lot of good things about them.
Yeah they are a very useful tool, even with my nice speakers in a well treated room they reveal things that were not so obvious ( like too much sub when you listen in the SUV )