Submitting to two diff listings?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

wrdsnmuzik
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Submitting to two diff listings?

Post by wrdsnmuzik » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:50 am

I remember that the 'rules' said this was a no-no . . . but just between you, me, and the wall, do you guys sometimes fudge this? And is it an actionable offense?I only ask because a listing came up that sounds just right for a song I already submitted. (sorry if this question's been addressed ad nauseum)I'm sure this has happened to the old-timers and experts . . . whadaya do?

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Submitting to two diff listings?

Post by ibanez468 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:55 am

Not sure what rules you're talkin' about, but I'll submit to different listings until someone decides to make it so the tune doesn't need to get submitted anymore. So far, I haven't come across that situation yet. So in the meantime, write, submit, repeat!I-468

orest
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by orest » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:00 am

Do you mean that you have received critique and one of the screener said "big no no", if so, take their advice and correct it. It's worth it I tell you!

wrdsnmuzik
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by wrdsnmuzik » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:51 am

No, I mean submitting the same song to two diff listings at the same time. (Or at least, sending a song to a second listing before you've heard back about whether it was accepted or not from the first)and thanks for the replies.

slotter
Impressive
Impressive

Post by slotter » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:05 am

I just re-read the rules and can't find anything that says you can't do this... I'd be surprised and dissapointed if you can't seeing as 1 song may be appropriate for more than 1 listing at a time.. i certainly have submitted the same 3 songs for 2 or 3 listings that i thought were appropriate.. at the same time.The only thing I can find in the rules that pertains (i love that word) to this is the following.Q. Can I submit the same material again, once it's been "rejected?"A. Yes. The reason for not getting forwarded may have been that the material wasn't right on target for the listing. However, it might be perfect for another listing.and:4. Simply select the desired listing, then click the 'Submit' box next to each song (and/or photo & bio) you want to submit.5. Select another listing if you wish, and repeat the song selection process.6. After submitting songs to any number of listings, click 'Checkout'.No sign of any "no no's" there.

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:11 am

As far as I know, you can submit the same tune to as many different listings as possible. Provided that it FITS the listings, of course. But once it becomes part of a deal, then you'll hafta reconsider your submittals, based on the type of deal that you accept. I'm sure others'll chime in and give you the specifics. I-468

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:44 am

Nov 22, 2008, 7:50am, wrdsnmuzik wrote:I remember that the 'rules' said this was a no-no . . . but just between you, me, and the wall, do you guys sometimes fudge this? And is it an actionable offense?I only ask because a listing came up that sounds just right for a song I already submitted. (sorry if this question's been addressed ad nauseum)I'm sure this has happened to the old-timers and experts . . . whadaya do?Where did you read that this is a no-no? That needs to be fixed. Submit away. Unless and until you sign a deal, your tracks are free to submit to as many listings as you like.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:57 am

Nov 22, 2008, 8:51am, wrdsnmuzik wrote:No, I mean submitting the same song to two diff listings at the same time. (Or at least, sending a song to a second listing before you've heard back about whether it was accepted or not from the first)and thanks for the replies. keep submitting (unless you need the feedback first). Even if you get a Forward, it could be months or a year or never before you hear back from the listing party.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

wrdsnmuzik
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by wrdsnmuzik » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:45 am

thanks so much!!! I must've misread . . . . appreciate the quick feedback!

orest
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by orest » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:21 am

Oh, I see, yes send the same song two different listings! I've done it and that song did well I can add.