SUCCESS!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jay10music
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

SUCCESS!

Post by jay10music » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:55 am

Post your "Success Story" here!

daytune2

Re: SUCCESS!

Post by daytune2 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:58 am

Recent success stories include a Film/TV Pub Deal for a pop/rock song and 2 Gospel songs being recorded on a new Indie Label. A couple years ago I got a pop/r&b cut on Virgin/EMI, all thru TAXI. Since being able to submit online I have greatly increased the # of songs forwarded to over 100 in less than a year, so I am looking forward to adding many more successes in 2004! Thanks TAXI!

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:54 pm

Congrats, DAYTUNE, and thanks for getting the ball rolling. I know there are lots of TAXI members with success stories, I have no idea why nobody's posting. Maybe they're not on the forum?Well, here are my recent successes:- directly TAXI-related:Had a song placed on "Angel" (WB) in January, and have written over 100 commissioned songs and cues for 2 different music libraries over the past 12 months (commissioned=they paid me to write them )- indirectly TAXI relatedA song on Judging Amy (CBS) in March, 2 songs on "Starting Over" (Syndicated daytime reality show) in January and February, and 2 songs in the Universal Pictures movie "Connie and Carla" (the new movie by Nia Vardalos of "Big Fat Greek Wedding") which opens this Friday (April 16th).So go see it everybody and make it a big fat hit, please !! (particularly you Canadians and UK-and-beyonders )Just kidding...anyway, perhaps this will give hope to those who haven't yet gotten anything placed or signed. You just have to work hard, be patient and believe in yourself...oh, and thanks, TAXI!! Matt

bobbymessano

Post by bobbymessano » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:04 pm

Well, I've had a long and fruitful career and Taxi has made it even better.My success stories include a Film/TV Placement deal with Private Wavs which resulted in multiple placements on the hit CBS TV show "The District", a record deal with an Indie label which resulted in lots of airplay and a First Round Grammy Entry for "Best Contemporary Blues Album" for 2003 and I just signed a placement deal with Editor's Choice Music in NYC for TV placements. Taxi has been very very good to me...I even had a Passenger Profile and a followup...Pretty cool....Every writer should be on Taxi Thanks guys

tenderdyn

SUCCESS! - Some Deals are Priceless

Post by tenderdyn » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:22 pm

Some deals are more than just deals!Way back in July of 1998, I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Kenny Kerner for a Taxi Passenger Profile. Near the end of the article, I spoke of a "Taxi originated" deal with Red Sands Production Company, and how that connection led to me quitting my day job. Well here it is six years, several more deals, a lot of music, and many lessons learned later. Last summer, my career expanded beyond music and into the realm of film. I revisited my relationship with Greg Gillam of Red Sands to see if he was interested in working together on a feature film project. In August of 2003, we completed shooting “Last of the Romantics” starring Chris Bruno, Brittany Daniel, Ted Lange, and several additional great talents. Greg brought his experience as a cinematographer and producer, and I entered the realm of art design, production design, film editing, along with music, scoring, and production. The film is currently in post-production and will be released in the near future. Somehow my career jumped not only into the arena of music, but into film as well. All because of one small five-minute piece of music that Taxi was nice enough to forward. Thanks guys!Sometimes the smallest details are the priceless ones!Sincerely,Tad Michael WheelerTenderdyn Arts

hemusic

Post by hemusic » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:10 am

Hi, I have been very fortunate to have my music in movies in the Unites States and in Europe. This was made possible by responding to listings by TAXI.Joe Harshman

clpainter

Post by clpainter » Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:16 am

It's wonderful to hear all these success stories! It's motivational actually I'm not yet a member of Taxi, but I do see that good things can and do happen for their talented members.

jkingham

Post by jkingham » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:49 am

Here are a few of my success stories directly related to TAXI.I have had songs featured on the WB show Felicity, and also sang songs for an independent film, and Days of our Lives. I was able to have my CDs distributed in the Borders bookstore listening station,(an expensive proposition if I was to have to pay for the opportunity).Through Taxi at the Road Rally i also met Industry people that directly resulted in getting songs recorded by Julio Iglesias Jr. , Danny Wood of the NKOTB, and eventually signing a development deal with Universal South Records.Michael and Doug run a great company and i'm always happy to be on board.Thanks,Jonathan Kinghamwww.jonathankingham.com

elltone

Post by elltone » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:07 am

I am a mother of three who, before having my children, devoted my life to music. I've always played piano and sang in groups,(one on the RCA label) church, school and college. I've written songs for as long as I can remember. I put it all on the back burner to raise my family. I continued writing, though, and joined TAXI less than two years ago (even made it to the 2003 Road Rally--it was great!). I've been forwarded 15 times and now have a song published with the Wild Whirled Music catalog. It will be included on their forthcoming compilation disc that will reflect all the shades of jazz of the 20th century! My new CD and group are doing great (we performed on Time Warner Cable's"Poughkeepsie LIVE!") My reviews on Broadjam (which TAXI also turned me onto!) have been stellar! Just today I got word that one of my songs,"Caribbean Nights", made the Top 10 in Six categories! Someone even recognized my music and mentioned my name in their critique without knowing it was me! (I could very well have met him at the Rally.) This song was also a Finalist in the 2002 USA Songwriting Contest! So I am a testimony to women who may get discouraged after becoming Moms and think they can't restart their careers. It can be done! In fact, my children are my inspiration. Thank you TAXI and Michael for also inspiring me! With much gratitude, Christine Spero - The Christine Spero Group

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:36 am

Here's a quick update on some recent successes:- 2 songs on Law And Order: Trial By Jury (NBC)- Another song on Judging Amy (CBS)- 2 songs on several episodes of Spanish Soaps "Anita No Te Rajes" and "Prisionera" on TelemundoAnd the biggest one:- a song in the weekend's number one movie "Mr and Mrs Smith" starring Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie!! Good luck everybody!matto