Summer Success! ***UPDATE***

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Summer Success! ***UPDATE***

Post by ibanez468 » Wed May 21, 2008 2:28 am

Hey ALL!I've managed to record the commercial & edit the video in it's entirety, so at least the beginning can be seen. Didn't miss a whole lot, just like ta' be thorough about it. http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44 ... HES.flvHey everyone!Although this isn't a success story directly related to TAXI, it's still a success story nonetheless (at least I think so). But it can be related indirectly, because of the lessons that I've learned while being a member. Those lessons apply to this as well. If this is not appropriate for posting, then I apologize in advance, and will remove if necessary. Check out the first of 3 television spots & 2 radio spots for the Illinois State Lottery. My producer buddy & I put the background music for this together (well...actually he put it all together, and just told me what to play. I'm playing the bass & guitar parts, and he brought in a singer ta' do the vocs.) I'm sure all the Chi-town & Illini folks'll see it, but for those that won't, I thought I'd post for y'all to see. This will be the 2nd consecutive summer that we've done the background music for the lottery campaign. It's supposed to run all summer long. I've posted a video clip as well as an audio clip. Didn't catch the very beginning of the commercial (was a little late pressing the record button) but got the majority of it. The audio clip is in it's entirety though. Lemme' know what ya' think! I-468http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=131224&stream=true

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Summer Success!

Post by ragani » Wed May 21, 2008 2:34 am

Wow, that's great, I-468!! How exciting!! I especially like the double meaning for you in the lyrics of that song-- "replay for riches"-- if they keep replaying that song, that's exactly what you'll be getting!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Laughing all the way to the bank!!! Way to go!!! Raags
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani

davekershaw
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davekershaw » Wed May 21, 2008 2:41 am

Counts as far as I'm concerned Ibanez.All ties up together.Well done!Proud a' yer!Dave.

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Wed May 21, 2008 2:41 am

Hey Raags,Thanks! Yeah, it is exciting, cause that's exactly what'll happen. I'll go to the bank, but I won't be rich, unfortunately (unless I actually play & get lucky ). Still a good deal though.BTW, that's a cute avatar Raags!I-468

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Wed May 21, 2008 2:45 am

Hey Dave!Glad ya' think so! Thanks alot!!I-468

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Wed May 21, 2008 2:52 am

I-468I'M REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU BUDDY - Now is there any truth to the rumour that you guys will be putting together the new song for Halifax? or did they sponsor the lottery over there - sorry it had to come out, I said NO, but it said YES and it won!!!Take careB

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Wed May 21, 2008 3:01 am

May 21, 2008, 5:52am, aimusic wrote:I'M REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU BUDDY - Now is there any truth to the rumour that you guys will be putting together the new song for Halifax? or did they sponsor the lottery over there - sorry it had to come out, I said NO, but it said YES and it won!!!HAHAHAHAHAHA - That's funny B! You crack me up! It's all rumor though, the Halifax people wouldn't 'av me mate! Don't know why, one joke deserves another, eh? I-468

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Wed May 21, 2008 3:12 am

May 21, 2008, 6:01am, ibanez468 wrote:May 21, 2008, 5:52am, aimusic wrote:I'M REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU BUDDY - Now is there any truth to the rumour that you guys will be putting together the new song for Halifax? or did they sponsor the lottery over there - sorry it had to come out, I said NO, but it said YES and it won!!!HAHAHAHAHAHA - That's funny B! You crack me up! It's all rumor though, the Halifax people wouldn't 'av me mate! Don't know why, one joke deserves another, eh? I-468HAhAHAHAHAHAHAHA That was great... I dig the 'av me mate..... I've always wondered why the Brits claim to have invented english when none of em speak it? It's always confused me....

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed May 21, 2008 3:41 am

Awesome!!Congrats, my friend!!!! Casey

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Wed May 21, 2008 3:51 am

Excellent news, congratulations!!! Here's hoping for next summer too Linzi