swiss guy...not-so-new-member

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

LoDrop
Active
Active

swiss guy...not-so-new-member

Post by LoDrop » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:16 pm

Hey everybody!

I've been a taxi member since january this year now, and recently signed up for this forum. I heard a lot about being able to find helpful things here and thought, well I'd like to network, so i give it a shot.

I just read hummingbirds post about how to use this forum, very helpful, thank you...so I decided to well, introduce myself ;)

my name is Alain Stoll and I'm from Switzerland, and currently reside in the capital city.

I've been to LA in 2008 for about 9 months, where I studied audio engineering and ever since I wanted to make a living in the music business. I have been making music for more then 3 years though, I learned how to play the piano when I was about 8, and started playing the guitar when I was in 8th grade. I'm also in a band as lead singer and bass player.

It gets kinda lonely here in this country, since there are not a lot of people who actually strive to be successful, a lot of wannabes, but never actually do anything about it. So I don't have any songwriter/producer friends here. There are a lot of musicians and bands here though, but not with the same motivation as me.

So, on this sidenote I would love to collaborate....I usually write pop, poprock, popdance, house, hiphop, rnb songs...

you can check out my profile...
http://www.taximusic.com/artists/temptingtone or my website at http://temptingtone.com

and well, more importantly I have just signed up for the road rally, and can't wait to be back in LA for a week or two....

hope didn't forget anything....

peace
Al

T&V Marino
Impressive
Impressive

Re: swiss guy...not-so-new-member

Post by T&V Marino » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi Alain,

Welcome aboard! There are several very successful TAXI members from Switzerland, so you're in good company.

Hope to meet you at the Road Rally. Will this be your first one? It can be a little overwhelming, but you're doing the right thing by getting to know some people on the TAXI Forums. By the way, even though it's on late, check out TAXI TV on Mondays.

Good luck with your music, and have a great trip to L.A. in November!

~ Tracey & Vance Marino
It's who you know -- and who knows you!
http://www.SongMakerPro.com

ottlukk
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ottlukk » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:34 pm

"Temptingtone"? Gotta love it! Welcome to the forums!
Ott

LoDrop
Active
Active

Post by LoDrop » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:17 am

thank you guys....are you sure swiss guys are on taxi and successful too??

ehm yes, this will be my first road rally, this this is my first year as a taxi member...yes, thats what I figured, since I check out the forum posts about the rally to decide whether to go or not...and everybody here was so excited about this event I have to see for myself. So I wanted to make friends on this forum, so I would at least know a couple of people there.

I have watched the taxi tvs, but I can't do it live otherwise I'd be up in the middle of the night and I have a dayjob :(

peace
Al

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:00 am

Welcome Al,

We're glad to have another awesome new member! 8-)

I listened to several of your tracks and I'm glad I did. You're going to love the sharing here!

All The Best,
Allen

LoDrop
Active
Active

Post by LoDrop » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:30 pm

Wow, thanks Allen...so nice of you to say...

I actually recorded a new song today, but haven't finished mixing it yet...will definitely let you guys know.

Peace

JamieMuffett
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by JamieMuffett » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:09 pm

Hey Al,

I'm new too, and considering the Road Rally also. I'm British and living in NYC so it's nice to meet a fellow Euro! Went to Zurich and Basel once, had a great time!

Great tracks by the way!

Jamie
Like the song says... "I'm an Englishman in New York".... and loving it.
http://www.jamiemuffett.com

LoDrop
Active
Active

Post by LoDrop » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:56 pm

Hey Jamie, nice meeting you...

Thanks for the compliment.

I've been to London twice so far, nice city, expensive thou ;)

How are u holding up with Irene?

Peace
Al

Torch
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Torch » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:41 pm

Allen....

Welcome to Taxi, Brotha. My favorite style of music is Swiss, Swedish and Scandi Melodic Rock....in the style of Journey and Hair Metal bands. So, already, I dig your geographical background. I had the sweet opportunity to attend Taxi Rally 2008 and, lemme tell you....it was AMAZING!!!! Most everyone is very friendly and accommodating. Taxi CEO Michael Laskow is approachable, friendly and humble. Michael summed it up best when he told me that the Taxi Rally is like a full college education that is all packed into one strong weekend of learning. If you are serious about and committed to a career in music, this Taxi event is an ultimate Goldmine. That's how I felt about it. In addition to everything you learn about music, recording, and music business, you will meet tons of people and come away with solid new friendships.
So YESSSS....make SURE to go to the Rally 2011. My advice? Be friendly and unassuming to everyone you meet, cuz you never know when you might just happen to establish a great connection. Carry several CD's that have 3-5 songs of your best work, ready to hand out....and sure that your contact info clearly printed on your demo material. Have a recorder or pen and paper ready to take notes galore. Do NOT hesitate to ask questions. Just ask and you shall (likely) receive. Also, every evening after classes, there is an open-mic stage in the Grand Ballroom where you can sing up to perform ONE of your songs before a live, casual audience. You can bring a CD of your music to accompany you, plus there are some instruments on stage if you wish to do a pure solo act.
Welcome aboard, Allen. Even though my name is Torch, there are far BRIGHTER people than I... in this forum, and most of whom are willing to help you by answering your qustions.

LoDrop
Active
Active

Post by LoDrop » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:29 am

hehe, thaks Torch, pleased to meet you.

I already signed up, so I'm definitely going to the rally, just have to book a flight and stuff...my gf will probably join me couple days later, so we can make a vacation out of it, right after the rally. ;)

That sounds awesome, can't wait to be there...will you be there too?

btw, it's Alain not Allen ;) but don't worry, just call me Al, hehe

peace