Sync Mood Tag

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Sync Mood Tag

Post by Casey H » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:15 pm

I'm happy to announce the release of www.syncmoodtag.com, a program that makes it easy to come up with mood tags for tracks. I had originally developed this as a Windows program some years back but that left out the Mac folks. Now it's a web app so anyone can use it.

It has mood words categorized such as happy, sad, attitude, horror, etc., making the words easy to find. Tags can be copied as text, downloaded as .csv, or simply saved for a given song or instrumental. A number of our Taxi friends have been enjoying the Windows version (which was free) for years.

The lifetime introductory price is $5.99. Use the code TAXI2023 for now and get $2.00 off. If anyone purchases it and doesn't find it useful, I'll be happy to refund the price paid.

This app addresses moods and I will be working on expanding into genres, usages, and other keywords over the coming months.

Tag away!
:D Casey
Last edited by Casey H on Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Sync Mood Tag Demo Video

Post by Casey H » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:33 am

Thank you Michelle Lockey for this demo video of Sync Mood Tag! www.syncmoodtag.com. :D
The lifetime introductory price is $5.99. Use the code TAXI2023 for now and get $2.00 off. If anyone purchases it and doesn't find it useful, I'll be happy to refund the price paid.

Video:
https://caseysongs.com/files/1265370/sy ... ag-1-9.mp4

Last edited by Casey H on Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

chartzog
Active
Active

Re: Sync Mood Tag

Post by chartzog » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:21 pm

Hi Casey,

This is very cool. Question: Does the app provide both moods and keywords? I see that some libraries list both with their tracks. It appears that “mood” would be a subset of “keywords” since some of the lists of keywords I have seen contain various mood descriptions plus other items like genre, instrumentation, etc. Your thoughts?

Chris

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:49 am

chartzog wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:21 pm
Hi Casey,

This is very cool. Question: Does the app provide both moods and keywords? I see that some libraries list both with their tracks. It appears that “mood” would be a subset of “keywords” since some of the lists of keywords I have seen contain various mood descriptions plus other items like genre, instrumentation, etc. Your thoughts?

Chris
Hi Chris
Thanks! :D
Right now it's only mood words but I'm working on expanding into all sorts of keywords in the future. I started with moods because the list is more finite and manageable. And I'm keeping the into price ridiculously low for now. :mrgreen:

Best,
Casey

chartzog
Active
Active

Post by chartzog » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:37 pm

Great! I’ll buy it!

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:56 am

Brilliant idea, Casey! Thanks for creating it!
Has the TAXI discount expired? I had a lot of illness in 2023 (and not quite well yet), so I hadn't been to the forums in a while. I'll still buy it, even if the discount isn't available anymore. :)
Thanks!

Marion AKA Merryband

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:19 am

Merryband1 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:56 am
Brilliant idea, Casey! Thanks for creating it!
Has the TAXI discount expired? I had a lot of illness in 2023 (and not quite well yet), so I hadn't been to the forums in a while. I'll still buy it, even if the discount isn't available anymore. :)
Thanks!

Marion AKA Merryband
Hi Marion! The discount is active until the end of January. :mrgreen: 8-)

Casey

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:14 pm

Shameless bump for my mood tag web app. www.syncmoodtag.com. :roll: :oops: :ugeek: Check it out! Introductory price $5.99 for life but until January 31, you can get $2 off that with the code TAXI2023. The video covers what the app does. It's browser-based, platform independent (Windows, Mac).

Demo video (Courtesy of Michelle Lockey):
https://caseysongs.com/files/1265370/sy ... ag-1-9.mp4

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:15 pm

Last day of that initial Taxi discount. :D Also, I wanted to let you know some other things. Within a few days, I'll be adding (1) The ability to add your own custom words and (2) The ability to store your song title with its mood tags in the cloud.

Later this year, I'll be expanding greatly into genres and keywords. Anyone who buys before then will be grandfathered in to the expanded version.

Happy Tagging!

chartzog
Active
Active

Post by chartzog » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:06 pm

Casey H wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:15 pm
Last day of that initial Taxi discount. :D Also, I wanted to let you know some other things. Within a few days, I'll be adding (1) The ability to add your own custom words and (2) The ability to store your song title with its mood tags in the cloud.

Later this year, I'll be expanding greatly into genres and keywords. Anyone who buys before then will be grandfathered in to the expanded version.

Happy Tagging!
Thanks Casey!! :D