Synthwave Feedback

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mkirbymusic
Impressive
Impressive

Synthwave Feedback

Post by mkirbymusic » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:16 pm

It's been awhile for me but I'm looking for some feedback on this track I'm working on. While I've had some success, I still struggle with the developmental arc as well as whether or not my B sections are adequate.

This isn't mixed so I'm not concerned about that, just looking to see what you all think about the track, is there enough arc and if the B section is different enough. Thanks! \\

SYNTHWAVE INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very successful Music Licensing Company with a fast-growing list of placements and clients.

This Company is on the hunt for Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

"Kids" by Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein

"Neo-Tokyo (Instrumental)" by Scandroid

"Los Angeles (Instrumental)" by The Midnight

Please submit top-notch Synthwave Instrumental Cues with buzzy, '80s-inspired synths and solid rhythms. Craft your Cues around a singular mood and motif, and create a sense of forward momentum and dynamics by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. Please be sure that your production and all virtual instruments and samples you use are fresh and high-quality.

TAXI Tip: '80s-inspired does NOT mean that your submissions should sound like they could've come straight off of a Rick Astley record. Combine '80s-influenced sounds with modern production techniques. Listen to the references to get a better idea of what we mean!

ImKeN

Re: Synthwave Feedback

Post by ImKeN » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:51 pm

Cool! Very interesting sounds throughout and the b section is different enough to my ears!

Good luck with it,

Ken

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:35 am

Agreed, it does sound like it is developing enough, with the new sound layers appearing, and the B section has still got a bit of the feeling and vibe of the A section, but the sounds used do make it different. And I love the ending where the drum groove reminds of the A section, but combined with the B one
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

lesmac
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by lesmac » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:48 am

Nice sonics and textures. Develops for me. Made me want to listen to it again. :)

mkirbymusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mkirbymusic » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:10 pm

Thanks everyone. I changed up a couple of things and it actually did get forwarded :D